CRC – bosses email anyone?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 310 total)
  • CRC – bosses email anyone?
  • hooli

Don’t forget the law of sod…

If you order something you don’t need for a few weeks then it will generally be at your doorstep before you leave for work the next morning and there will be no issue with the contents of the box.

If you are in a hurry and select express delivery, something funny happens. I suspect Yodel and CRC can sense your urgency and have a “special” delivery option for this. It will take 23 hours 59 mins of the allotted 24 hours to pick your item from the warehouse, it then gets handed to Yodel for their 48 hour delivery.

Yodel will aim to deliver it somewhere in your neighbourhood (up to you to find where because according to the card, it was left in the porch you don’t have) in 47 hours and 59 minutes, that takes care of the 48 hours to deliver deadline.

But because this is urgent, Yodel bypass the normal rule of abandoning the parcel if your neighbours wheelie bin on bin day and wait for you to get in the shower or have a dump before silently sneaking up the driveway and putting a “sorry you were out card” through the letterbox before running down the drive, diving through the door of the idling van and setting off at 90mph. Obviously with the phone off so they cant be contacted.

He will take the long route back to the depot so you cant collect before closing time that evening. When you try and collect first thing the next morning, nobody will be able to find the parcel despite it being a massive F-off bike box, after 40 minutes of standing around waiting for Jackie to read the label on all the letters and amazon parcels, they will tell you that it was loaded back on the van and will be with you today. You rush home to play the waiting game again (while needing a dump or shower but not falling for that one again).

The good news is you manage to catch the driver this time by sitting at the end of the drive flagging down every van going near your road. Bad news is the frame is the wrong colour but its OK, Yodel will collect this one in 48 hours and CRC will send you another 😀

Premier Icon wynne
    Subscriber

In fairness to the OP CRC can be pretty infuriating. I got lied to and palmed off on a warranty issue for a few months. It was only when i looked up the wiggle directors and asked one of CRC’s customer advisors which director had responsibility for marketing, as i wanted to copy them in on my letter to the Advertising Standards Authority, that i got an instant refund and an apology.

OP I think you need to calm down a bit on this one. Give them a call. One thing i did learn from my experience is that the majority of replies to such a post on STW are not very helpful – but within the replies i received there were a couple who offered advice that resolved my problem with CRC.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Wiggle changed hands last month. Here’s the former CEO’s LinkedIn profile –
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/will-kernan-8435b917/
    What I’d do, if I was in the OP’s desperate situation, of ordering something at short notice for a holiday and expecting a huge online company to pull out all the stops and ensure my personal holiday went well, would be to contact Will and ask who took over from him. He’ll reply instantly with the information and contact details of his replacement. Then you can take action which will get you exactly the results you expect. It’ll be great.
    Otherwise, Wiggle/CRC HQ is just down the road from me, if needed, I can go barging in to the office demanding action from the lazy goodfornothing bastards. Just let me know.

Blackflag

As its now Tuesday, have you checked your neighbours front gardens?

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Yeah I’d just call the phone number that came up on the first google search for CRC Customer Services, if they can’t tell you or change anything then it’s not getting there by thursday 😉

Premier Icon Bez
    Subscriber

I hope the OP is going on holiday somewhere relaxing, and ideally near a good cardiac unit.

bigyinn

Call the waaambulance…..

hols2

My constructive advice would be to forget about trying to go up the chain of command at CRC and focus on making sure you have a bike for your holiday. The CEO is not going to waste his or her time responding to complaints about things like this and their email address won’t be publicly available, so you’re going to have to deal with the normal customer relations people.

Planning a holiday on the assumption that you can have a frame delivered, build the bike in a day or two, and not have any problems is optimistic, to put it mildly. I wouldn’t plan a holiday around a bike unless I had a couple of weeks to ride it and sort out any problems. The last bike I built up, the brake hoses were just a bit too short so I had to swap brakes from another bike. Stuff like that is normal so, regardless of whether the new frame gets delivered on time, you need a Plan B for if you can’t get it built up in time.

Premier Icon orangespyderman
    Subscriber

Planning a holiday on the assumption that you can have a frame delivered, build the bike in a day or two, and not have any problems is optimistic, to put it mildly.

This. I just built up a bike and also think that there will be at best niggles or at worst faulty/unsuitable parts that will need a some time (minutes, hours, days or more) to sort out. Speak (nicely) to Customer Services determine what options are (refund/confirmation/alternative) and then put together 2 plans based on likely outcomes. The best way to be sure would be to go to a bricks and mortar shop and get something you can leave the shop with – that would be my own personal plan B, I suspect. Any other approach will have more uncertainty about it, and that seems to be where you are now.

If you’ve really waited until the week before you leave on what seems to be a cycling holiday (or at least a holiday with a reasonable amount of cycling) to sort yourself out with a bike then I do think you need to plan a little better next time.

Premier Icon tomd
    Subscriber

A hope someone has told the folk crying in Paris to MTFU. How can they be upset when there’s this sort of injustice in the world?

sarawak

OP has gone very quiet.
    I wonder why?

Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

OP comes across as a bit of a dick.

Makes you think…..

ChunkyMTB

Snowflake millennials…..

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

I wonder why?

On hold?

cyclelife

I’m not the only “dick” on here apparently!

Anyway, having gone a little further up the CRC ladder of authority I have received a ParcelFarce tracking number (not yet active) so that’s me stuffed then. For all those naysayers out there, the parts are all here (correct sizes) ready for the build – will let you all know so you don’t lose any sleep worrying about me 🙂

mashr

Tuesday + 48hrs = Thursday. It’ll be “active” when it leaves CRC. Still not seeing a problem

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

My constructive advice would be to forget about trying to go up the chain of command at CRC and focus on making sure you have a bike for your holiday. The CEO is not going to waste his or her time responding to complaints about things like this and their email address won’t be publicly available, so you’re going to have to deal with the normal customer relations people.

Anyone who thinks the C-Level’s are reading or answering most of their emails is in a fantasy land. Some organisations will give a slightly different feel of customer service after checking your value to them but it’s still the same old people.

Just for Clarity OP – did you order this on Friday last week?

hols2

the parts are all here (correct sizes) ready for the build

Heard that one before. Then you find that you need a SFN, or a headset spacer, or a longer brake mount bolt, or some other tiny thing that you just never think about. Good luck.

Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

Don’t forget you will  need a torx driver in the one size you can’t get.

lister

I just don’t get some people.
    OP: your frame isn’t late yet, why are you shooting off at the world about this non-event?

You might have left things a bit late yourself though…is that what you’re really cross about?

You’re not coming across as very endearing on this thread, are you a second login for Geex?

cyclelife

Mike – yes, last Friday

Premier Icon lucky7500
    Subscriber

Mike – yes, last Friday

Absolute serious question. Why didn’t you pay for next day delivery? 4/5 day delivery ordered on a Friday means that the delivery should arrive with you the following Thursday / Friday.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Wow!! Sounds like it’s coming on time then so no need to get all shouty about it!!

andyrm

So Friday the 12th? Today is only just over one working day since the order was placed, and I’d suggest that as you now have a non active parcel force number, it’ll go out tonight, at which point the reference number will be live early hours of tomorrow morning (from experience of these sort of things).

That in turn would see your frame delivered Thursday no problem.

Ordered on day 1, despatched on day 3, delivered by day 5 and still on time.

Premier Icon joebristol
    Subscriber

Often a drama with a part you think will fit that won’t. On my last build it was the wrong front brake disc mount where the fork had a different standard rotor size to what I thought it would have. THhe lbs didn’t have the one I need in stock so the build took a week longer to come together than planned – and I thought I’d done my homework!

I always find CRC good with deliveries – although unless it’s something big I always do their click and collect through collect+. I ordered a frame last year with just standard delivery and it arrived in a couple of days.

Also found them good with a warranty / refund when a tubeless charger tank pump died after a year and a half. Was a cheapie one and they don’t stock it anymore so within a couple of days they’d refunded me in vouchers which I thought was good service.

Cyclelife are you actually aiming on going some where on holiday with the new bike or do you mean the Easter Holidays, because you work at or go to school?

tpbiker

I’m not the only “dick” on here apparently!

The jury is still out on that one I reckon.

Still trying to work out why you are kicking off about something arriving late when it is, as of this moment, not yet late. Care to clarify?

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Just popped into this thread due to the number of reports it’s generated.

1) You ordered a frame on Friday, knowing it’s a 4/5 day lead time on delivery (and having agreed to this), and are jumping up and down wanting to get on the CEO’s case one working day later because it’s not been dispatched yet? Seriously? Do you demand to talk to Bill Gates when your webcam doesn’t work?

2) The chances of any corporate CEO handling customer complaints personally is somewhere between “slim” and “none,” this is what they employ customer services teams for. Do you honestly think he or she has nothing better to do all day than deal with every trivial sales query? At best “CEO letters” might go to an Escalations team within CS, who will then address it once they’ve stopped laughing (and from personal experience of working extensively around Tech Support and Customer Services in several companies over the years, the more shouty you go in, the lower down the priority list your complaint is likely to go).

3) Was going on holiday a surprise? You’ve left it until the last minute to order the frame. That’s not CRC’s fault. Don’t you have another bike you can use if this falls through? Any friends you could borrow one from? Does anywhere at the destination do rentals?

4) With my Moderator hat on for a moment, go easy on the aggressive responses and insults, or you’ll be getting another holiday for free.

Premier Icon Bez
    Subscriber

Spare a thought for the air cabin attendant who’s going to have to deal with him demanding to talk to the pilot ten minutes before scheduled take-off to ask him why they’re still taxiing 🙂

cyclelife

You lot struggling to find some work to do?

cyclelife

Lucky7500

Not a CRC option.

warpcow

Sometimes you just know from the thread title that a thread is going to be good.

Bet whoever was talked to at CRC is having a great day taking the credit for everything working as normal.

Subscriber

To be honest, I haven’t even tried 😀

sarawak

The twonk is going away for Easter. Give him a break. No one could have forseen that there would be a busy period in the lead to the holiday. As a millennial he won’t have worked out how to do forward planning. He didn’t get one of his 23 A* GCSEs in that.

hols2

Nothing I do at work comes close to the importance of this thread.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Asks the person sending emails to CEOs demanding to know why his bike frame order isn’t progressing as fast as he’d like, whilst still being on time.

Premier Icon Bez
    Subscriber

We’ve shut down for the day, it’s our annual teambuilding event here in the Belfast Parcel Force depot.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Bez wins the internet for today.

I still suspect the op isn’t actually going anywhere on holiday, and is on a school break….
    If it’s not delivered on/by Thursday its going to be delivered on Tuesday due to the Bank Holidays so no riding when of on school hols.

Subscriber

He could ride it to school. On Wednesday.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 310 total)

The topic ‘CRC – bosses email anyone?’ is closed to new replies.