Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • CRC bargin hunting
  • thomthumb
    Free Member

does anyone else take a punt when parts are cheap but no photos?

headsets

it’s worked for me in the past grabbing bargain carbon seatposts

We’ll see what i’ve bought this time!

rocketman
    Free Member

Even if CRC don’t have pictures, Google does

thomthumb
    Free Member
    rocketman
    Free Member

If it’s that obscure I wouldn’t buy it 🙂

wwaswas

tbh, £15 headsets are going to be much of a muchness aren;t they? Even if they’re reduced to £4.

They’ll all be fine as long as you regrease after every wet ride…

binners

Why risk it? There are plenty of dirt cheap decent headsets there that both have pictures, and are a known quantity

maccruiskeen

Its not really russian roulette- a picture only tells you if you like the look of it or not. CRC do free returns so if you buy blind , open the packet and don’t like it you can just send it back. Not sure how upsetting to look at a headset could be though.

I’d suspect though that all those differently branded, same price before and after discount, unpictured headsets are absolutely identical. Generic components supplied OEM with logos to match.

binners

Looking at the colours of the Crank Brothers ones it looks like its the expensive ones that could most offend ones delicate aesthetic sensibilities

maccruiskeen

You don’t have to worry about the colour of Crank Bros stuff for long- its dark in the bin 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

Dunno about £15 ones but thinking about the 3.99 Kona one for my stunt scooter, the cane creek I banged in it was pretty knackered before I hammered it in.

Thats where the OP was too…

soma_rich
    Free Member

tomaso
    Free Member

The Crank Brothers headsets regardless of original colour end up a lovely rusty colour and appear to made out of recycled steeel from old Fiats.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Oh yeah.
    I got a Cane Creek 110 headset for £29 off CRC. BEAT THAT!

And some other bits n bobs that I’m keeping quiet about too. 😉

ciderinsport
    Free Member

recently I bought a chainset, turned out to be deore, for £15. Didn’t need the rings so flogged them and now have a spare BB too!

And I have a stem on route that cost a fiver!

My daughters ss is looking better with every bargain!

Sometimes you’ve got to love crc!

grum
    Free Member

I got a Cane Creek 110 headset for £29 off CRC. BEAT THAT!

That I got an FSA Orbit XL II which is functionally identical for only £20? Just because something is cheaper than it’s normal price doesn’t make it a bargain. 😉

iain1775
    Free Member

^^ I got both the above bargains, a cane creek 110 (that I sold for £65) and an FSA orbit

So ner 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘CRC bargin hunting’ is closed to new replies.