Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • CRC and Endura
  • hughjengin
    Free Member

Hi, was looking a few days back at some Endura products on CRC deciding on what to spend a voucher on. Now I cannot seem to see any Endura products at all on the CRC website ?? Is it something I am doing wrong or something amiss with my Browser. The site seems to be ok, but no Endura products listed or searchable at all ? please could someone else try, in case I am going nuts !

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Endura have decided to only sell to bricks and mortar shops i recall.

jonk

Endura don’t like anyone discounting their stuff either merlin had problems with them ages ago when they had the 10% off everything discount.

coogan
    Free Member

I got an email the other day from CRC saying they had 2013 Endura in stock and was looking at it a few days ago. Npw gone.

scotroutes

CRC were been selling Endura stuff recently. In fact they even put out a mailshot about it. The max discount on 2013 was only 5%. Looks like Endura got wise to the CRC work-around of offering £10 off £75 etc and have decided to stop supplying again. Good luck to them. It’s about time someone stood up for the smaller shops and it would be nice to see some other manufacturers have the balls to do it too.

hughjengin
    Free Member

Blimey, that happened quick ! They must have had some Endura stock though, I wonder what’s happening there. I was literally only looking at some Endura stuff a day or two ago. Dissapointed I like Endura stuff, but don’t want to pay shop prices. I know that’s a short term attitude, but when I can buy an Endura jacket for £50 online, or £80 full retail with no negotiation from a lbs. I tend to lose my loyalty

dazzlingboy

when I can buy an Endura jacket for £50 online

I looks like you’ll not be able to buy it for £50 anymore…..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For clothing people will end up trying on in shops and buying online, so in the end the online retailers use the LBS network as fitting rooms then take the profit. If a company wants to retain LBS as their network it’s up to them, also when products don’t change much it’s hard to see the difference between 2010 and 2013 but CRC will discount at the end of the year to clear the floor.

I can buy an Endura jacket for £50 online, or £80 full retail with no negotiation from a lbs. I tend to lose my loyalty

But if you asked the LBS you would probably get a bit off it, get to try it on and see different sizes. takes it closer to the CRC price and it’s there immediately.

votchy
    Free Member

Trouble is most LBS cannot carry the stock, dont know any near me that I can go and try different makes and sizes on as it’s prohibitive, places like CRC can afford to carry that stock and people like me can order 2 different sizes if I am not sure and send the ill fitting item back free of charge and get a refund, LBS will never be able to compete with that unfortunately

mulacs

This totally threw me too, was looking at endura baabaa socks in the morning and by the evening they had gone. Blast it…

tmb467
    Free Member

If Endura didn’t print their name so blatantly over all their kit I’d be inclined to give a toss

As it is, it’s overpriced advertising and the quality isn’t anywhere near as good as some cheaper stuff.

LBS doesn’t make very much on selling clothing in comparison to the space they have to give to it…if its sold as concession then they make knack all on it. Ill support LBS but not by paying over the odds for stuff that they don’t even make money on

hughjengin
    Free Member

Agreed my above statement, was not intended to start a debate about LBS CD megalomaniac online retailers its just fact. If there was 10% price premium in supporting your lbs then of course I would, when it gets nearer 30%-40% then I have to lower my ethical bar as I don’t have £30 or so spare to support a business simply on the basis of it not being a big retailer. I understand why they can’t compete, I just can’t financially afford not to go for the best price if its significantly cheaper.

scotroutes

But maybe now they will as they could have some confidence they might actually sell it rather than being CRCs changing room.

andytherocketeer

Was odd to see a brit brand appear a while back on a German store, but still seems to be there.

http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=21&navigation=1&promotion=3&mid=404

Prices may or may not be any good. Depends whether GBP or EUR wins the race to the bottom of the currency pile.

zangolin
    Free Member

Endura seems to be back at CRC now.
    Are Endura controlling their online prices – no one seems to be discounting more than 5% for current 2013 stuff.

svalgis
    Free Member

Yes, I think that’s the deal.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yep, you want to sell it online, the max you can discount is 5%.

If you don’t like that, then you don’t sell it…

scotroutes

Of course you can get around this by offering £10 off £75-type deals…..

Trekster

But if you asked the LBS you would probably get a bit off it, get to try it on and see different sizes. takes it closer to the CRC price and it’s there immediately

But if you a regular at your lbs you probably wouldn’t need to ask for discount.
    My first new bike came from my lbs 45yrs ago, the current manager wasn’t born then! If they have what I need then I usually buy. If not they know I go elsewhere including the net….

bhmartin
    Free Member

I wonder how many people see CRC advertising a big discount and buying without even trying their LBS.I live in Spain so things may be slightly different regards pricing but I will see a price online and then when I go to my LBS find that almost always he will be quite a bit cheaper.It is probably the usual rip off Britain,but worth checking the local shops.Nothing against CRC- I use them for anything I cannot get here and they deliver to Spain free.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My LBS in teesside was Westbrooks, bought loads of Endura stuff off them as they were cheeper than CRC!

They also do free postage.

Friendly bunch too and a nice shop, not showroomy, but they did stock mostly high end road bikes.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘CRC and Endura’ is closed to new replies.