Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Crap weather road bike chain lube
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

what are people recommending – my previous pot of “put on all bikes seems to do the job” lube has now expired. will prob go to rock and roll extreme for the mtb again, need something to keep the road bikes going nicely. thoughts?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I just use finish line dry lube on the road bike and seems to survive to be honest. The MTB is wet lube from Finish line. I may try a ceramic lube when i run out on the road bike next.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

My bottle of Rock and roll extreme keeps going solid in this cold 🙂

FuzzyWuzzy

I use Purple Extreme or Muc Off C3 (Finishline Dry lasts about 10 miles in the wet…). Last weeks comic gave Fenwick’s Stealth Lube a 10/10 though and other reviews also mention it’s pretty durable so going to give that a try next (the PE & C3 are good enough really, just I’m a bit of a lube whore…).

theflatboy
    Free Member

cool, cheers – ormondroyd, likewise!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I’m using an old bottle of Fenwicks ‘All condition’ at the moment.
    Not the cleanest, but seems to last well on the road, but not quite as well off road.

Pierre

Juice Lubes Viking is just superb. 🙂

EDIT: http://www.juicelubes.co.uk/viking-juice/

carbon337
    Free Member

fenwicks stealth silver for summer, turns out its poor in winter. May try the stealth MTB stuff.

simondbarnes

Juice Lubes Viking Juice here. Road & Offroad. 4 hour icy / snowy commute on Friday, 3 hours in snow Sunday, 4 hours in even more snow yesterday and the lube is still working. Very impressed.

theflatboy
    Free Member

this is definitely one of those products where you have to just guess what’s good – every recommendation gets as many people saying it’s a complete waste of money… 😡

why can’t these things be simple?! 😆

sugdenr
    Free Member

chainsaw oil, cheap and as sticky and non flingy as sh….

boblo
    Free Member

I’m using gear box oil on the commuter and usually take a dispenser bottle of it with me when touring.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Crap weather road bike chain lube’ is closed to new replies.