Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Crap service from John Lewis!
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

For the first time I have had particularly crap service from John Lewis.

Looking for a new TV in the local store and saw a decent looking one, ex-display, reduced for clearance. Noted the model number and went home to do a bit of research. Seemed a really good deal so went back and bought it.

Loads of faffing in the shop and generally poor service by their standards.

Anyway, get home and connect it up. Can’t find the freesat connection and then realise that the model number on the back is a lower spec that to what I thought I had bought.

Quite happy with the actual TV but it is nowhere near the deal I thought, in fact it’s only 5% discount on their full rrp, which is less than their standard 10% for ex-display.

I am going to get in touch tomorrow but not sure how to play it?

Should I play the nice guy initially and see what they are going to offer? I would probably be happy for a decent discount as refund and keep the TV.

Or should I demand they find the model I thought I had and insist they come out, set up and remove the old one?

I am a bit pissed off, as this must be the 5th TV I have bought off them and have always recommended them.

I feel in quite a strong position as technically it’s a breach of the Sales of Goods act.

wiggles
    Free Member

You paid 5% under RRP for the TV that has probably had half of its working life used being on in a shop constantly?

Just explain to them it is not what you expected and see where it goes

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Let’s get this straight, you purchased the wrong telly or they have labeled it wrong.?

gobuchul
    Free Member

It was labelled incorrectly. The model number on the display ticket was different from the on the back of the TV.

njee20
    Free Member

Explain that then, see what they offer. Be nice.

vinnyeh

For the first time I have had particularly crap service from John Lewis.

How do you figure this? I’m only seeing a mistake made….

gobuchul
    Free Member

How do you figure this? I’m only seeing a mistake made….

The tale was long and boring enough. There was other stuff. Just generally shabby by their standards even without a very basic mistake.

thegreatape
    Free Member

You haven’t had the customer service yet.

bigG
    Free Member

I suspect if you take that tone/attitude with them on the phone when you do call then you’ll get exactly what you expect and sweet fork all in good service.

However if you suggest you may have been the unwitting victim of an honest error you may well get something approaching the level of service you expect.

Let us know how you get on.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

10% off rrp for a second hand TV – thats’s certainly not underselling something…

bearnecessities

I’m not one for flaming, but…..

*clears throat*

They are not even aware of the issue yet! Wind it in; it’s an error somewhere, but you’ve not given the slightest chance for them to rectify!

You’d have a job to accuse JL of poor customer service, as a customer of 4 televisions so far (what do you do with them?), you would know. 🙂

legend
    Free Member

Should I play the nice guy initially

No should definitely charge in and be a dick about it, then start the follow up thread tomorrow

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The tale was long and boring enough. There was other stuff.

That’s good enough for me.

Down with John Lewis’s crap service which I don’t know anything about because the tale is long and boring and there’s other stuff !

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Chuck it through the big windows at the front, that will teach `em 😈

Please ignore me I`ve just come back from Holme Moss and I m all euphoric!

totalshell

already had four tellies from them? ive only had 5 tellies in 30 years..

someone at JL seems to have made a genuine mistake i m sure they ll see you right

jimmy

Be nice and they’ll be nice back. I can’t say the number of times Ms Jimmy has taken things back right on the limit of or way beyond* justifying a return / refund and got it with a smile.

*Inc a blow up bed which she *wasn’t sure* was bought there and right enough was told “oh I don’t remember us ever having the blue ones… But sure, here’s a replacement”. It came from Argos originally.

ninfan
    Free Member

What model does it say on the receipt? Does it match the one you wanted, or the one you received…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

They’d rumbled you as common and just wanted to get you out of the shop. You’re lucky they didn’t just give you the box.

Jamie
    Free Member

I am going to get in touch tomorrow but not sure how to play it?

I would tell them your a big cheese on the internet, and have already started slating them for an issue they are not aware of yet.

That’ll show ’em!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Sounds more like an error when ticketing the product than getting ‘poor service’ I am sure they will rectify this. Do you have the original ticket?

aP
    Free Member

Everyone makes mistakes.
    You discover what good customer service is when something goes wrong.

bonchance
    Free Member

I reckon you will be dealt with amicably. In any event you can simply return the TV regardless – according to their policies.

I am also glad I don’t work at JL 😉

While I’m offering advice – Would you like any suggestions on sandwich varieties for lunch – or best order to put underpants and trousers on?

Best of luck – & no (buyers) regrets!

bigG
    Free Member

So? Did you go in boot swinging or did you behave in a more reasoned manner? What was the outcome?

molgrips
    Free Member

Should I play the nice guy initially and see what they are going to offer? I would probably be happy for a decent discount as refund and keep the TV.

ALWAYS do this. It gets results more often than not.

As above – mistakes will always be made – it’s not bad service until they don’t deal with it well.

gobuchul
    Free Member

They couldn’t source a TV of the same model that I wanted so they will be picking up the wrong one next week.

Very apologetic and polite.

I’m still disappointed but I was always pleasant as I normally am.

My first poor experience with JL.

However, I will still buy the new TV from them. Can’t decide to change to Samsung after years of Panasonic though.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

JL are usually very good with customer service, and that seems to have continued.

Jamie
    Free Member

My first poor experience with JL.

….and yet you slated them on the internet as soon as you could.

Tough crowd.

Flaperon

. Can’t decide to change to Samsung after years of Panasonic though.

Samsung make shite tellies (unless they’re plasma). LG, Panasonic, Sony all good for LCD, but if you can still get a plasma TV I’d go for one of those.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Flaperon – Member

Samsung make shite tellies (unless they’re plasma). LG, Panasonic, Sony all good for LCD, but if you can still get a plasma TV I’d go for one of those.

Really? I have a mate that sells high end telly’s & stocks Loewe, Sony Samsung etc & only has high end Samsungs in his own multi million pound house.
    Also I was a big fan of plasma over LED but things have moved on unless you can still find a Pioneer Kuro.

Cheers.

scuttler

It’s cos you used the word source instead of find. That’s the sauce of the problem.

Jamie
    Free Member

I would not listen to this guy. Samsung do not make shite televisions.

LCD? You mean LED, surely?

…and Plasma is dead, Jim.

pk13

Very dead samsung stop making them in sept. And that sounds the death noll for them

Pick up an pioneer if your lucky…

bearnecessities

It’s cos you used the word source instead of find. That’s the sauce of the problem

Maybe he asked for a telly with an HP display.

andyl
    Free Member

Just hope that someone somewhere didnt buy the model you have and end up getting your TV.

Although I can’t believe you had to ask how to approach it and considered anything but being nice.

sharkbait
    Free Member

My first poor experience with JL

I must be missing something as I can’t see what they’re supposed to have done wrong?
    Small error (maybe on there behalf, it’s not completely clear) which they’re putting right – you don’t even have to take it back. Which bit of this is poor service?

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Crap service from John Lewis!’ is closed to new replies.