Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Crap food – your guilty pleasure?
  • binners

As we’re entering the season of gross over-eating, and most food being lovingly slaved over for hours, what’s your rubbish antidote? You know what I mean. Those guilty trips to maccie D’s? That quick pot noodle before you head to the pub…,.

For lunch we shall be dining in style on cheap crap hot dogs, on stodgy white rolls, with the obligatory cheese singles and smothered in tommy K. Get in!

What’s your guilty food pleasure then? Let’s ‘ave ’em then! It must be crap! Anyone mentioning olives or freshly baked bread gets a kicking 😉

samuri
    Free Member

Does Subway count? I absolutely love a foot long steak and cheese with a bit of everything on it.

If not then cheese. I can eat blocks of it. Give me a chunk of cheese and a knife….

iDave
    Free Member

My name is iDave and sometimes I eat a (couple of) Greggs sausage roll(s)

Bregante

You’d never guess it from my slender physique binners but I’m partial to the odd chip barm.

With Mayo.

*waits for chippy to open.

cheers_drive

custard filled doughnuts

singlecrack
    Free Member

mmmm meatballs subway 😀

binners

You’re still alive after mad Friday then Russ? I reckon you’ve earned the chip barn fella. There was a chippy in Broughton that used to hollow out a white loaf, then fill it with chips 🙂

And Subway definitely counts as crap food! Good effort for overcoming that horrible sickly sweet smell that always wafts out of them

*dry heaves*

Bregante

Stumbled in at 4.40 am this morning and feeling a bit cabbaged tbh. Mad friday lived up to it’s name. Still back in at 5 tonight for shite Saturday. Hopefully going to get away by midnight tonight so see you tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

Oh and Armstrongs (home of the jumbo cod) in Prestwich ftw!

Flaperon

Hot cross buns. At Christmas.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i will east 2 or 3 of coughlands cornish pastys! there great.

i can also binge on crisps. also any chicken dish (KFC,Nandos etc)

chakaping
    Free Member

A whole tube of Pringles in one sitting while watching BBC4 music documentaries on a Friday night.

Oh yes, I know how to party.

Drac

Greggs’ sausage rolls here too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

But binners and Bregante are from Manchester – so everything they eat is crap shite.

At least down here, we can call it “guilty pleasures” and be all post-modern and ironic about it. But for those guys, it’s just a day to day thing. To be honest, I feel sorry for ’em. Sending you lots of love guys. 😐

😛

(think of me working in the cathedral of consumerism tonight from 2300 till 0700 🙁 )
    xx

NJA

Ginsters Buffet Bar – Read it and weep

http://www.ginsters.co.uk/productdetail.asp?RangeID=9&ProdID=30

So bad its good.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I had 2, yes 2, McDonald’s meals yesterday. That is 100% more McD meals than I’ve had in the last 15 years.

dr_death
    Free Member

McDonalds breakfasts…..

Hash brown = grease; held together with a few bits of potato like substance.

Bregante

But binners and Bregante are from Manchester – so everything they eat is crap shite.

Takes our mind off the TB and lungs full of soot though dd. No wonder you look at least 5 years younger than binners, despite being a lot older than the lot of us northern monkeys.

Bregante

And its christmas next week too so we’re having some specially imported frozen broccoli, tinned peas AND turkey dinosaurs at ours.
    Who says we don’t appreciate fine dining?

donsimon
    Free Member

Chocolate biscuits.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Flaperon – Member

Hot cross buns. At Christmas.

Er….I think you’ll find hot cross buns dripping in butter are not crap food! No way!

My current fave crap food is ‘nutty bars’ from Asda. Basically, Asda’s version of a Snickers.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Battenburg.

sparksmcguff

Come from close to the home of that Scottish culinary delight – the deep fried (in batter) mars bar/confectionary snack of your choice. Yummm, yep I do very occasionally indulge.

sobriety
    Free Member

Chips, Salad cream, chilli sauce and cheese

nomnomnomnomnomnom…

binners

Eeeeeeeee that were grand! Mecanichaly recovered meat! Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Bravissimo looks great for 55. It must be his medetaranian diet? And it was my years darn pit that did for my looks! I’m only 23

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Transform-a-snacks! mmmmmmm or anything cake related!

metalheart
    Free Member

Oh god, the list (hmm, mistyped lust there) is pretty much endless.

For me most food is crap so therefore guilty.

Don’t know about the pleasure bit like

flip
    Free Member

Hmmmm….

binners

DD – to quote Lional – are there “going to be some sweet sounds, coming’ down, from the night shift” tonight then?

😉

xherbivorex
    Free Member

chip barms for me too.
    russ, isn’t every friday a mad friday in sunny salford mate?!

gf did her first mad friday nightshift working a&e last night. in lancaster though, rather than manc, so with any luck it was pretty painless.

Bregante

russ, isn’t every friday a mad friday in sunny salford mate?!

it is but on mad friday they bring sharper weapons

RealMan
    Free Member

Sainsburys basics jaffa cakes.

Nick

McDs Breakfast.
    Subway Meatball Sub, had one in Delft while sitting on the square.
    Pot Noodle Bombay Badboy.
    Had a Christmas Dinner – Beef Wellington, in Tesco cafe yesterday.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s probably easier to list the good food I eat, rather than the junk food.

chvck
    Free Member

I am a bit partial to a bombay badboy pot noodle spiced up with a load of chilli sauce! Definitely dirty!

mattjg
    Free Member

twiglets with houmous dip

donsimon
    Free Member

twiglets with humourous dip.

scaredypants

KFC zinger burgers
    though apparently they don’t have to be sold in pairs 😯 😳

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

binbins, Breggie 😆

More like a lot of effing and jeffing on the night shift I reckon. We’re under pressure. And I have heated wing mirrors to maintain donchaknow. 🙂

motivforz
    Free Member

2 packs of Tesco Value shotcake fingers (2x23p!!!) with a bottle of beer. Disappear shockingly quick.

Twiglets and humous sounds amazing!!!

donsimon
    Free Member

Match day hamburgers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Crap food – your guilty pleasure?’ is closed to new replies.