Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Crankworx DH Rotorua live
  • Brainflex

kayak23

The course looks good going by Rob Warner’s preview.

kayak23

That was really good.
    What a track. Some big jumps in it.
    Jaynay had a serious moment on one 😳

Well done people who won 👏

soobalias
    Free Member

Rob W was excellent, much more realisitc, really made me chuckle 2:15 & particularly the bail out at 2:54*
    were they both on e-bikes? not that his chain lasted very long

*fully realise i’d not even get down that

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Since moving to Rotorua from the UK 4 years ago, I’ve never made it to Crankworx… 😂 What am I missing? Is it actually worth going to? Stuggling to feel all that motivated TBH 😂

FWIW, I went to Red Bull Hardline a while back and it was like… ohh.. kay.. I suppose. Walk up the hill, see riders, walk down the hill, see some more riders. Get back in the car. Drive home.

Does it help to be drunk and with a load of mates rattling cow bells? With me not having any friends into MTB*, and not drinking anymore, that is maybe problem also.
    * Actually, don’t have any friends at all TBH anymore, but that’s a bit off-topic – might just be a mid-fourties thing 😂

reeksy

It’s a mid-fourties emigrant thing.

mtbfix

I’ve only watched the ladies race so far. Not what you’d call a stacked field in terms of name talent, but I guess that this is probably always going to be the case on a more generalist, smaller tour than the UCI. Rob, Tracey and Elliott were as good as ever. Robs course preview said a lot about how good Claudio was at those things.

fazzini

It’s a mid-fourties emigrant thing.

It’s a late-fourties thing too, emigrant or not 😂

blastit
    Free Member

Watched it all ,great track and commentary from Warner Tracey Hannah . Good to see him go down track with Jess Blewit , shows it is a bit tricky. Just need more big players dong it, it was more like a national race ,lots of locals with a few internationals .

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

I’ve been watching Bernard Kerr and Janaynay’s YouTube channels recently and New Zealand looks awesome for biking, a definite place to move to if my numbers come up, that track was bordering on unrideable just a few days ago, surprising how fast it can change, hopefully crankworx builds in popularity in the next couple of years and gets a fuller field of riders or UCI add Australia & New Zealand to the calendar.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.