• This topic has 24 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • cranks
  • jedi

i feel like pimping my bike so new cranks are in order. the gravity cranks are battered and now have a creak on the left side, so what’s good, light and strong. yes all 3 🙂

scaredypants

surely light & strong is good – what else is there, apart from cheap ?

jedi

true :)anyone tried canfield cranks?

nedrapier

ha! just about to suggest those!

No, sorry.

They look good though, and they’re not likely to be rubbish.

akira

I’d be slightly put off because the run a gxp bottom bracket, I suppose you could run Hope with adapter but be much better if you could just run shimano. My race face atlas cranks have never skipped a beat and they come in funky colours, ditch the bb for a shimano one and you’re sorted.

kimbers

e13 cranks look nice and a bit different!

Scamper
    Free Member

I keep things simple (but boring) and stick to SLX 665. Reinforced over standard SLX but hardly any more weight at circa 625g.

tomhoward

light enough, strong, robust, I struggle to see past XTR.

Cheap enough? Up to you 😉

mattjg
    Free Member

The Canfield ones look nice but I got burned once when I bought a SRAM crankset with odd BCD then when I needed new rings none were available. So I avoid SRAM compatible parts now.

Lester
    Free Member

Hi Jedi

how about these? i have these on my bike and you know how heavy i am
    :-)and they are a great price

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/25776/TruVativ_Noir_33_Team_XC_Carbon_Tango_Orange_Crankset_CWTNT080?gclid=CJShzoeNjb0CFerpwgodKD4Aug

if you dont want new ones you can have mine 🙂

ac282

Why would you pay £180 for somehting worse than XT?

jedi

Cheers lester but they are xc carbon cranks

Lester
    Free Member

ive got them on my mojo hd , or i did have till last week, they are strong, light and have lasted me 5 years 🙂 and i do drop offs at least as big as you, before i wake up that is 🙂

@ ac282 i agree, but Jedi was looking for something bling, and as much as i like xt cranks i dont think they are bling, but they are great crankset, i got some from Merlin for £79 and that included a bb and i swapped them for the Noirs because i prefer them 😉

scruff
    Free Member

Profile !

JoeG
    Free Member

e13?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Atlas – lifetime warranteeeeee

maxtorque

The new “lightweight” Jedi 😉 could probably get away with some xx1’s as they seem pretty tough……

craighill
    Free Member

ill be going for the raceface turbine single narrow wide at £215, look decent

jedi

Lol @ lightweight

maxtorque

Cripes, is Tony getting “bang-on-trend” and in danger of going all Enduro(tm) on us?? 😉

First ride this arvo for me on my xx1 1×10 setup. And wow, the only thing i really noticed is just how quiet the drive train is now, without any chain device (which may go back on for the Alps in July?) or front mech etc!

craighill
    Free Member

Is that an xx1 crankset on a regular 1×10 Shimano set up? I thought about going for xx1 crank

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I run SLX but the anodised RF Atlas look tempting. Purely aesthetic of course.

tor5
    Free Member

Raceface sixC and a narrow/wide ring?

jedi

my old gravity cranks lasted all the abuse so i reckon i’ll stick with them and get new ones 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘cranks’ is closed to new replies.