Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Crank Bros Kronolog seat post, anybody got one?
  • tollah
    Free Member

What are your thoughts? Thanks

tollah
    Free Member

Thanks Legend, yeah I’m looking to buy one for a new bike that should be here in December. I get fantastic discount on CB stuff and an get one for the price of a good quality regular post.

spev

I’ve got one on my Mega at the moment (whilst I wait for me reverb to be repaired)> I’ve done about 10-15 rides on it and so far it’s working as expected, I’m confident that If I keep the cable tension set correctly then the stanchion wear wont be a problem. I did notice when setting it up that the cable has to be “just so” to prevent the jammers from scrapping the post.

JoeG
    Free Member

There were certainly some issues with quill wear on some of the early ones. From what I read, the hardness of both the quill and jam plates have to be very closely specced, and they had problems early on. I don’t know if CB have the issue solved or not as I haven’t followed it closely.

Reverb and Lev are probably the two frontrunners ATM.

spev

I’m not sure if its related but 2pure(the UK dist.) had been out of stock for about 2-3 months. Mine was ordered as soon as they came back in. Hopefully this points to an update of some kind.

b45her
    Free Member

if it has crank bros written on it and has moving parts it’s generally problematic, although my joplin lasted pretty well.

tollah
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. For the price I’ve got to pay for one its worth the risk I think.

halo25
    Free Member

I tried one recently – I wouldn’t recommend it full stop.

It was fine for a few rides and then it stopped holding the seat rails. It also developed a “clunk” when lower down which was very annoying.

LBS was great and it got sent off – returned with “updates”. On fitting it was leaking air, wouldnt hold the seat rails and was an epic fail.

Needless to say its been returned, LBS wont touch again and reverb stealth on order.

Great design but usual CB epic fail.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Crank Bros Kronolog seat post, anybody got one?’ is closed to new replies.