Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Cranham….Shrine trail!
  • lookmanohands
    Free Member

GENIUS! (you know who you are) 😀

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Go on then spill the beans.never saw anything wednesday mind only did the jumps on the shrine then moved on.

Goz
    Free Member

Classic…..JB up to his old tricks today….well pi$$ed off…

mrmo
    Free Member

saw that on last nights ride at 10pm, little off putting when your not expecting it.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Do tell?

GSter
    Free Member

What did JB do now?

lookmanohands
    Free Member

SOmebody has pinned a "poster" on the tree at the start of the shrine trail with a bag of tacks that they've picked up basicAlly saying whoever is doing it is an idiot and we all use 'no tubes' anyway so it doesn't affect us!

shaunthesheep
    Free Member

Up there last night just before it got dark for a run.

Still evidence of someone moving logs / branches into inconvenient places along the track near to the jumps on the Shrine.

Other trails appeared clear.

Lets get the BBC and Kate Humble to start a JB watch.

STS

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Going up in a bit to get muddy so will report back later.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Brilliant sign, very funny. Shrine was clear and only had a few minor branches on the trail that could have fallen naturally. Up there again tomorrow so will keep this thread updated.

jakeclyro
    Free Member

this is interesting. I am fairly new to cranham, which is the shrine trail?

it is cranham cheltenham right?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Yeah – the Shrine is the barrow in the woods (and not of the wheel variety!)

Dancake
    Free Member

I got a Tack in my tyre last week after a evening at Cranham. Decided to go home as it was late..(Im not a posh tubeless type) glad I did as my brand new spare had got holed in my saddle bag!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

When you get to mound on the Shrine there is 3 different tracks of it.it starts opposite the big bombhole over the road.The bombhole is on the 1st track you come to from the birdlip end known as the racetrack and it has a new trail of it 3/4s of the way down on right bit to steep for some so they made a chicken route by it.

tang
    Free Member

JB – surely its time for his summer holiday? might slip some SAGA leaflets up for him.

shaunthesheep
    Free Member

Whats going on ?

24 hours and no news of JB and his tack attacks !

Will be up there over the weekend with eyes peeled

STS

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Going up in an hour or two so will report later

mrmo
    Free Member

thinking about a night ride that way later, see if i can hit another badger.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Where did you hit the first one?

mrmo
    Free Member

On Lecky on my way over to Cranham.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

LMFAO, just got back in and finally found teachers after a few wrong turns.

Found it by riding down the side of the posh white house between the dumping car park and the saw mill.

There is a really good run in the wood near the bottom once you get off the muddy road.

Question, when you get to the bottom of teachers, where do people tend to go?
    Over the bridge into Cranham or left back up the track to the posh house?

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Also, Shrine was clear but very wet and claggy.

Found this on a sign in Buckholt wood. very interesting JB!!!!!!!

Goz
    Free Member

Dimmaden, dont think youve found teachers yet, keep looking!

DarrenH

i did the shrine run yesterday morning and didn't get any punctures, so hopefully all clear. . .

Dimmadan
    Free Member

@axroads, it starts just after the steep climb about 50 yards on the left. Goes through some long grassy overgrown areas then dives into a steepish woodside where the trees are rather close to the edge of the trail. There are lots of switchbacks (not built up) and a large jump near the bottom before it brings you down to the stream and down to the bridge.

I thought someone said the jump had been messed with?

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Shrine, Cranham Corner, Racetrack, One Who Waits, Teachers all clear but bloody boggy in places. Did all the dirt jumps for the first time and didn't bail! Get in.

I LOVE THE WOODS!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Anyone out tomorrow morning?

mrmo
    Free Member

did Cranham today, too muddy to flow well, probably stick to the road bike tomorrow.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Did you ride Teachers?
    Only saw 3 people out today, were you up the Shrine about 11am?

mrmo
    Free Member

just stuck to the high level tracks, and came back on the road. Plenty of people about.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Yeah, Cranham corner to the dumping car park is bogging up nicely for winter.

DarrenH

i'll be up there dimmaman. Sounds like i need to get some new tyres for the mud!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Kenda Nevegals have now lost there edge so Bonty Mud X an Trailraker going on.

DarrenH

sorry, Dimmadan. Bit p*ssed!

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Boggy already? So much for summer 🙁
    Bigfoot (http://www.bigfootmbc.co.uk) ride starting from the Royal Willie at 10ish this morning…

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Heading out now, may see some of you up there.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Did the Bigfoot lot find their missing 2 riders?

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Yes, swiftly located, thanks 🙂
    Were you one of the pair on top of the 'rooty-tump'?

Not sure about the various mud comments mind – I'd say that was still pretty dry!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Yeah, I was on the Trek. Were you on the old skool Marin or in the BF jersey? We were amazed at how it dried out in 24 hours. Teachers was still saturated in places. Even saw Mr Bigfoot himself up there (Graham and Sheila) on new bikes.

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Ahh, yes it was me sporting our latest subtle jersey 8)

You're welcome to join us for a ride if you fancy a bit of variety – drop us a line via the website (or on here)…

Sadly we missed the man himself but I did see some bike pics on Facebook, Sheila's Lapierre look particularly smart!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Cranham….Shrine trail!’ is closed to new replies.