Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cracked induction hob glass
  • gasper
    Free Member

I assume it’s a bin job but is it worth sticking on eBay?
    It’s a posh one (sme(u)g)
    I’d rather it was used by someone rather than binned

somafunk

My Ikea hob top is cracked after I dropped a bottle of beer on it a couple of years ago so I stuck it down with gorilla tape, still works fine but I need to replace the tape

rickmeister

Exactly the same just before Christmas. An Ikea top they no longer sell. Found a like for like replacement for €150 on ebay Small Items.

A posher one we had in another house broke and the glass was a replacement part. The IKEA one is a bonded item so cant get the top off so really pleased to fins a s/h one instead of spending and recutting the worktop.

poolman
    Free Member

The bevel edges are really sensitive to anything heavy placed on them. Broken edge is razor sharp.

I replaced mine and binned old one. Tried glueing broken pieces but it looked awful.

Good news was upgraded induction hob was much less than I paid for broken one.

t3ap0t
    Free Member

Home insurance job?

igm

I’d look for spares.

There’s some on here along the lines of what you’re looking for – just poke about with the right model number and there’s bound to be something somewhere.

https://www.servevastdirect.co.uk/category/smeg-hob-spares/61?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI25bj8fDE_AIVR_hRCh3DKgFrEAAYASACEgKnSPD_BwE

e.g. https://www.servevastdirect.co.uk/product/smeg-hob-top/15669?category_id=5900&page=1

steveb

eBay the old one for spares. Someone might be able to use the PCB for example.

giant_scum
    Free Member

My partner cracked ours when she placed a hot pot lid on it face down.
    Tried to remove it but it had formed a vacuum and as it cooled, craaaack.
    Have got a replacement waiting to be fitted, hob still works okay though.

Replacement glass was £120.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.