Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • cracked fritzz!!
  • cubemeup
    Free Member

only just noticed under my chain stay protector theres a small crack going around the chainstay arm

has anyone else heard of these bikes cracking like this?

LoCo
    Free Member

Cube you vandal! 😉 Sure I saw photo on here a while back

lucien

That’s a crack alright

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yep, have heard of a few to go. But also heard they were sorted pretty quickly.

cubemeup
    Free Member

thats what i thought Si, iv only had it a year this week!!

LoCo
    Free Member

get it back for warranty and I’ve text you re. some testing 😉

cubemeup
    Free Member

i hope so iv really built up my fitness lately and really dont want to let it go!!

LoCo
    Free Member

They’ll see you right I’m sure, you bought it locally didn’t you?

cubemeup
    Free Member

yeah, iv already been on the phone to them!!

im guessing they will offer me a rear chainstay but to be honest i got no confidence in that frame now

Saccades
    Free Member

mleh, it’s a safe place for a break, i had a frame snap on the chainstay, replacement is still going strong years later.

if your lucky you’ll get a hanger free too.

4ndyB
    Free Member

1st one I’ve seen, in fact I’ve never seen another Cube frame break at all

Cube are pretty good at sorting out warranty issues, we’ve had to send a couple of pairs of road bike forks back, but nothing else

cubemeup
    Free Member

would they send a chainstay or a complete frame??

4ndyB
    Free Member

Could send either, depends what they have in stock

Don’t think they’d strip a new frame down for the chainstays, they’d probably send a frame if they didn’t have a chainstay available in that colour

cubemeup
    Free Member

i havent got much confidence in that frame now

4ndyB
    Free Member

Any frame could fail

The frame itself didn’t fail, so why lose confidence in that part?

fbk
    Free Member

Have to agree – any bike can fail. It took me 3 cracked frames before I lost confidence in my last bike 🙂

cubemeup
    Free Member

not sure just all in the head really

iv seen a few on here breaking on the same point, put me off a bit now

cubemeup
    Free Member

just been told a near rear end has been ordered!

anyone want to buy a cube fritzz??

LoCo
    Free Member

It’ll be fine especially after the forks have been fettled 😉

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

anyone want to buy a cube fritzz

yes please – what size?

alpin
    Free Member

The frame itself didn’t fail, so why lose confidence in that part?

yes it did. unless you can ride a bike without rear stays, then no. but it did, didn’t it.

just here the frame in in two halves. the rear half failed.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

thats not the first broken Fritzz on here either. Pretty sure Ive seen a near identical pic, and a quick thread search of cube+crack shows Flyingfox listing a broken Fritzz chainstay in a “what bikes have you broken” thread 3 weeks ago.

Sounds like Cube are sorting the OP out, but I’d lose faith in a frame if I had one crack. Yes bikes break but they shouldnt, and having one break suggests a problem with the design/manufacture of that model so it is reasonable to lose confidence in it.

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

Fitted about 2 or 3 rear ends to some Cube’s, those had all cracked on the weld though. Either way all where replaced by warranty so happy days.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I’d happily carry on riding a replacement. If it happened again I’d think about moving it on…

flyingfox
    Free Member

Aye, mine hasn’t been replaced yet either – broken right through the drive-side chainstay.

cubemeup
    Free Member

flyingfox, what do u mean hasnt been replaced?? how long have u been waiting for?? mine is the drive side too

flyingfox
    Free Member

It’s been around 6 weeks I believe. They were replacing the full frame so we stripped and sent it off and now they’re just replacing the rear triangle, which is fine but don’t like the changes halfway through! Also, as it’s anodized, it’s looking really dull yet the rear triangle will be sparkly.

It has been a pretty hellish time so far. If I didn’t have other bikes I could use in the shop, I would be mad. Worst thing is that I was going to sell this to a friend, but have now lost the sale, and it’s going to look superb with a brand new back end and old looking front end!

cubemeup
    Free Member

cube have said they are sending the rear end out from germany straight to the shop

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘cracked fritzz!!’ is closed to new replies.