Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Crack! Oops, new laptop screen required. Anything to be aware of?
  • ross980
    Free Member

As above. I’ve cracked the screen on my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 520) and need a new one.The tutorial on YouTube makes fitting a replacementt look pretty simple. New compatible screens seem to start at £45ish, which is cheaper than I expected. Has anyone had any experience with fitting new screens? Any particular company/supplier to avoid/recommend? Are cheap screens a waste of money or do they do the job adequately (the laptop is mainly used for internet, itunes and iPlayer – so no graphics/gaming etc.)?

Cheers

almightydutch
    Free Member

Cant say i’ve changed one in the laptop you mention, but have fitted must be up to 20-25 now for work/family/friends etc.

Not usually anything to be wary of apart from the fragile bezels which can be tricky to remove without marking them.

Cheaper screens I have found usually have a crap antiglare coating but you’d have to be really picky to notice much difference between them and OE screens. A lot of aftermarket panels are the saem brand just labelled different

Wozza
    Free Member

As above with the fitting, take your time and think about what you’re doing, it’s all quite logical. Just watch out for very flimsy plastics, take the battery out first and keep a small bowl for the screws.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Crack! Oops, new laptop screen required. Anything to be aware of?’ is closed to new replies.