Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • CR Conception coil kit, 2018/19 pike?
  • single07
    Free Member

i’ve picked up coil kit for a pike off here, and i haven’t got the forks yet to put it in.
    i could just go for some pre 2017 ones as i know it’ll fit, but i’d prefer 2018 onwards for more tyre clearance and a charger 2 damper. so i just want to confirm compability. have emailed crc but no reply as yet.

so is anyone running a crc kit in a 2018/19 pike and can confirm it goes in fine?
    thanks

RickDraper
    Free Member

Depends on the top cap threading and also the 2018 and newer pikes use a different length of air shaft than the A1/2 version to achieve the same travel so that might be different also.

regenesis
    Free Member

Thought this was about a different type of coil and conception……..

single07
    Free Member

haha! and the pike part?

single07
    Free Member

ok thanks Rick Draper. Even between boost and non-boost A1/2 there are different threads right?

i guess i’ll wait and see when the kit arrives, but looking at his site, i’m not even sure it comes with a top cap. is it possible it could just use the air top cap?

single07
    Free Member

also, when you say the post 2018 use a different length, is it longer or shorter?

RickDraper
    Free Member

Yes Boost and none boost Pikes yes different top cap threading. The boost one will be the same as the 2018 on B1 Pike. As for the air shafts I cannot recall off the top of my head, I can check on Monday.

njcisca

If its any help the cr coil kit reuses the standard air top cap. The white plastic spacer goes directly underneath so it can’t be damaged by the spring. Not sure on the different shafts though sorry.

single07
    Free Member

excellent.
    thanks eveyone. and thanks again for selling me it nick ; )

so it sounds like top cap won’t affect compatibilty.

single07
    Free Member

and yes if you could check shaft lengths rick that’d be great

single07
    Free Member

i’ve gleaned that debonair upgrade kits come with shorter airshaft for a given amount of travel. apparently due to different fitting of bottom circlip/seal plate hingy.
    this suggests that the shaft in my 140mm coil kit will give me 140 in either A1/A2 or in B1 / post 2018 / boost forks.

it seems like the only difference then is the different threads on the aircap.

if that’s the case the kit’ll be fine in any pike becasue it just uses the original aircap…

RickDraper
    Free Member

No the A1/2 airshaft is different in length to the one for the later B1 fork. Also all B1 forks regardless of wheel size use the same air shaft for the given travel, unlike the A1/2 that used different lengths for different wheel sizes but the same travel.

single07
    Free Member

yes, i didn’t mean there’s no difference in the actual air springs, but maybe no differnces in the rest of the fork which might affect my fitting the coil kit.

also good to know about lengths travel wheel sizes. so means if the kit will go in 2018+ forks it will give 140 in all wheels sizes, assuming that’s what i ends up given, whereas in A1/A2 forks it will give differnt travel depending on wheels size, ie 29er would be shorter?

single07
    Free Member

bump
    still wandering if anyone can say for sure if the CR kit will go in a B1, post 2018 pike?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘CR Conception coil kit, 2018/19 pike?’ is closed to new replies.