Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cove Stiffee headset question
  • Recycler
    Free Member

Hi all

Recently got a 2006 stiffee frame and need to check it can take an FSA Orbit MX 1 1/8 inch headset?

Can anyone help me please?

I haven’t got access to the frame, so haven’t measured it.

Thanks very much……

Recycler
    Free Member

Bump….Anyone?

gnusmas

I have a 2012 Stiffee and that is the exact headset i have in mine, i would have thought it would be the same for the 2006 model.

Recycler
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply, I guess its NOT a tapered headtube and just straight?

Cheers Gnusmas

gnusmas

Nope, not tapered.

I have a set of old pikes 1 1/8″ steerer on it set at 140mm. Tried 150mm Sektors but preferred the 140mm set up.

Recycler
    Free Member

Great – thanks very much

gnusmas

No problem, if you need any more info (if i can help) my email is in my profile.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

def not tapered. mine had (has!) an FSA pig DH pro headset in it, 1 1/8th.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Just to add to the valid contributions….my 2009 Stiffee had a standard FSA like that at one point, and now a CK, so yes, I’m quite sure a 2006 version will also take any 1-1/8″ ‘normal’ threadless headset, i.e. with the bearing cups outside the headtube.

One of the great things about the Stiffee is that the headtube is machined out at top and bottom for a really precise finish. The headtube is about 3 times thicker than most other bikes, so Cove can afford to do that 😉

And yes, 140mm or 150mm forks will be perfect.

Recycler
    Free Member

Thanks again everyone. Had a HJob in the past, but now ride a Yeti as I’m getting old. Always wanted a Stiffee for play bike, so lookny forward to the build!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cove Stiffee headset question’ is closed to new replies.