Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cove stiffee any thoughts ?
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Almost given up finding a decent steel frame so has anyone got the above ? Are they any good for short blasts say in Woburn ? Cheers all 🙂

rb
    Free Member

I have had mine for 5years it’s my only bike,love it does everything from little blasts to epic rides!! It rocks

shortcut

I used to have one but went more XC. Good, solid, dependable, great handling.

There is a lot to like. Santa Cruz Chameleon may also be worth a look in the same way.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’m finding cheaper Stiffees than chameleons so I think the choice is made on that score!

harrybel
    Free Member

“Almost given up finding a decent steel frame “?? -> Looked at the Cotic BFe? Awesome ride.

I’ve just spent the day thrashing & jumping mine in the Les Gets bike park, other PDS downhills too. it’s a riot!

Also perfect for normal XC rides.

tomaso
    Free Member

Stiff is the first thought but good fun and handles everything. They seem to be really good value secondhand for what they are. There are lots of flavours to choose from in mountain biking and if this fits with your pocket and eye then you won’t go wrong.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve had a bfe, it was ok, I just fancy something different and no one seems to have a steel frame that suits so I’m starting to look at ali ones.

rhysw
    Free Member

I had one and didn’t get on with it at all.
    I thought my on one 456c was a much better ride with a 150mm fork and super light too

Candodavid
    Free Member

2souls 41.5?
    650b or 26″
    Look here

dropoff

Stiffee frames can build into superb bikes, they love to be ridden on the trails that they were designed for – steep and loose. They’ll push you further than you thought possible and then get you out of the trouble you got yourself into. Definately not a bike for everyone.

Clink
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cove stiffee any thoughts ?’ is closed to new replies.