Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Cove Hummer ???
  • Big-Pete
    Free Member

Don’t know why silverfish spend loads of wonga advertising em if you cant get one.
    Spent 3 hours chasing and all I got was rocking horse poo. Looking for a 20″ has anyone seen one hanging on a LBS wall. All I could find was 18″

Failing that what other Ti 20″ long travel frames are out there. Dont want a Soda

Dont taunt me with Ti 456, I was expecting a delivery today and what I got was an e mail telling me no stock :O(

ton

i have just had something similar to a hummer… 😈

Teetosugars
    Free Member

A Bummer?? :mrgreen:

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Big-Pete
    Free Member

Positive support from yer team just when needed

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Donner?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

8)

Sorry Mate…

Have you tried Rutland cycling??

ton
    john_l
    Free Member

Have you tried an 18″? I normally ride an 18 (23″ tt etc) but the 18″ Hummer just felt too long & tall.

ton
    gamo
    Free Member

van nicholas mamtor looks nice.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Already ride a 21″ Stiffee and Hustler which have a longer top tube than the 20″ Hummer so its got to be a 20

Daffy

How “big” are you Pete?

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Lots of sites are showing stock but its a different tale ont phone, most rely on Silverfish for stock and they have nowt and dont know when they will get any

ton

oy that’s a bit forward innit.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

6’4

Big-Pete
    Free Member

snigger

chakaping
    Free Member

Genesis Altitude Ti?

New so a bit of an unknown quantity but the steel frames have a good rep and it’s on my fantasy ti frames shortlist.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

I really like the cove ride so thats 2nd fav behind the 456 ti which looks like it could be months (and at what cost with the pound dropping like a stone)
    Has anyone heard anything about the Lynskey long travel prototype?

desf
    Free Member

Maybe you’ve done this but if not – email Silverfish direct. They should/might know where the stock is.

Someone from Silverfish used to post on here quite alot.

Daffy

You’ll definitely want the 20″ Cove. I (all 6′ of me) had a 19″ and was perfectly comfortable on it with a very short stem and inline post. You may get away with a 19″ and a 100-120mm stem but you’d have slow steering.

So far, and I’ve only had two rides on the 456 (both in “challenging” conditions) I prefered, the Hummer for giggles.

the_lecht_rocks

daffy – i have a hummer and a 456, and if you’re a trail rider, i’d hold for a 456.
    the hummer just doesn’t ride like the 456, nor does it handle like the 456.
    the 456 beats it everywhere other than manuals and drops.

Freezie
    Free Member

I read that cove have cancelled the contract with Litespeed to produce frames due to costs going up, so good luck in getting a new one.

Daffy

Lecht – As I said, I haven’t really given the 456 a chance yet. two rides in bad conditions do not a good test make….sounds like Yoda. Hmmmh

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Cove Hummer ???’ is closed to new replies.