Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • cove bikes… hot or not???
  • dano
    Free Member

I want a sweet new bike… should i get a cove?? hustler?? stiffee??

Will i be able to do bigger skids and bunny hops?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Inexcusably crap names

spanishbarry
    Free Member

skidz are for kids !

dano
    Free Member

That is true, but same for the prince albert and many others

rs
    Free Member

I want a sweet new bike…

me too

should i get a cove??

maybe

hustler?? stiffee??

depends

Will i be able to do bigger skids and bunny hops

no

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i don't even think twice about the names any more; my stiffee is such a fun bike that i wouldn't care whatever they'd named it…

tails
    Free Member

not, better looking equal performing alu stuff out there.

dano
    Free Member

hmmm… what you thinking tails?? and what about the hustler?

jedi

i still love my hummer :)7yrs and going strong

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I'm the snail on the trail, but I love my trusty Hustler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVqeTTSufa4

Listen to him. Especially the wolf howl at the end. Now if you can buy into that, you're halfway there.

rs
    Free Member

Cove snail trail… awesome 😆

dano
    Free Member

Hmm… hummers… but they are they price of a full susser… still 7 years and who has ever got that long out of a full suspension frame?
    what set up you got jedi?

dano
    Free Member

could be a new cove model coming out? stiffee snail trail?

maybe not eigh?

jedi

same as when i built it pretty much

tails
    Free Member

hmmm… what you thinking tails?? and what about the hustler?

i just don't like the aesthetic of most cove bikes the graphics are a awful and there are many a brand to choose from, spesh, santa cruz, commencal, on one. Basically todays bikes are so good you really are choosing on looks.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I think you might be onto something there RS & Dano. We'll go 3 ways on the royalties.

jedi

i told chas at cove to call a model the atm

they settled on std 🙂

dano
    Free Member

santa cruz have some nice ones for sure… but if you want to put 140mm forks on an alu hardtail frame… most of the big brands seem to avoid this market… but i guess cove are quite mainstream now in the uk…
    therereally arn't many hustlers around though?

dano
    Free Member

atm…ahahahahahaha…. they would have to think of another meaning for the abbreviation though…
    all terrain mountain?
    active trail machine?

zaskar
    Free Member

More input on your usage and budget.

rs
    Free Member

Cove Hooker Snail Trail or HST for short, that has a better ring to it 😯

3 ways you say 😯

dano
    Free Member

mostly ride in the lakes, some trail centre rides… got a 100mm hardtail at the moment, but want smthing with a little more beef, and take advantage of the longer forks nowdays…budget… guess it depends but may stretch if the bike is good…what you think zaskar?

Kit
    Free Member

I've got two Coves 🙂 Although selling one. I think they're braw bikes.

jedi

atm is a cash machine too 🙂

dano
    Free Member

wow they look great kit… had to look up the word braw though, found a few different meanings:

braw (brô)
    adj. braw·er, braw·est Scots
    1. Fine; splendid.
    2. Dressed in a fine or showy manner.

Adj. 1. braw – brightly colored and showy; "girls decked out in brave new dresses"; "brave banners flying"; "`braw' is a Scottish word"; "a dress a bit too gay for her years"; "birds with gay plumage"

hope you mean the first 😆

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Dano I think they look pretty understated to be honest. And thats why I like mine.

Kit
    Free Member

lol, I like some of those dano "a dress a bit too gay for her years" 😆

Yup, it was the first meaning.

Unfortunately I'm having to sell the Hustler to raise some cash. When I have plenty of money in the future (aye, right) I'll probably buy another one.

dano
    Free Member

They are both amazing bikes, got some top notch kit on those two babies… what do you think of the ride on the hustler? see you have it set up XC stylee with the xtr cranks and the gps…

trailmoggy
    Free Member

mines a real mons bike

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Another big vote for the Cove – I'm on my second Handjob having recently switched from my old 100mm fork version to the 130mm fork version. Loved the first one, the second one is brilliant.

I did also try a Hummer, but I couldn't get on with the height of the bottom bracket on the 17" and I couldn't afford to sell it and buy another.

speaker2animals

That Handjob looks ace mate. I've always fancied a Cove HT but never thought that the suss bikes looked poor. However some shots from recent expos look as though aesthetics are much improved.

DezB
    Free Member

Hot or not? Ride one and find out.

Kit
    Free Member

dano, the Hustler is quite porky weight wise so I was trying to keep it reasonable as a build. I use(d) it for XC as I'm not into downhill or freeride or whatever, but its very confidence inspiring on the downhills and feels totally bombproof. Not a great climber, if I'm honest – don't think the faux-bar suspension is up to much on the uphills, but its not something that really bothers me as its the downhills that matter 🙂 That photo was taken at the start of a big 55km ride so the GPS was to help keep us straight.

Everyone with a Hustler loves theirs, which speaks volumes.

I've also ridden a Stiffee, and its a riot! But so stiff I'd hate to have one for all-day riding.

dano
    Free Member

moggy, wouldn't have troublespotting that one on the trails… that must be a custom colour?you get that resprayed?

dano
    Free Member

hmm… ill think bout all these while i run to the shop to get beer before they shut!

Kit
    Free Member

I think the pink was a stock colour? Mine was a respray, but kinda wished I'd left it as it was (glittery brown).

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Great bikes, particularly the Hustler: long wheelbase, relaxed head angle and steep seat angle. Who cares if they're cool or not they ride well and if you like them that's all that matters.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

i like my hustler, the pretty low bottom bracket and slack head angle make the bike confidence inspiring and it has an endless travel feeling, you can really burst out of corners which i love the most

i don't think it climbs to bad although my pro pedal setting is qiute firm, when i can remember to turn it on

mine comes in at 30lb which is'nt light but my cranks and bottom bracket weigh a ton

oh and its stiff

i also had a handjob a couple of years ago which was the best hardtail ive ever ridden by a country mile

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Shes a bit of an old bag now, but I love her.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

the pink is a stock colour

i bought the frame second hand with the intension of having it powdercoated before next summer

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘cove bikes… hot or not???’ is closed to new replies.