Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Cove Bikes – about to release a new hardtail range….
  • qwerty
    Free Member

They’ve not realeased much of late and seem to sit on a valid frame design rather than change every year just for the sake of something new. Be interesting to see what they unveil.

YES WERE CURRENTLY WAITING ON OUR NEW DESIGNED 2017 HARDTAILS ( TITANIUM, STEEL, ALUMINUM 29ERS)
    9 · 29 December 2016 at 11:04

We should see Handjobs in the spring but the Hummer 27.5 is also an amazing ride
    1 · 31 December 2016 at 13:28

https://www.facebook.com/covebikes/

I loved my 2007 Cove Handjob, i wonder if they’ve embraced the nu skool geometry???

neilforrow

Loved my hustler – a really forward thinking bike when it was first released.

Good luck to them!

thepodge
    Free Member

Are they going to be their own or off the shelf with a massive price hike like their last full suspension?

al2000

neilforrow – Member

Loved my hustler – a really forward thinking bike when it was first released.

Good luck to them!

Agreed, my Hustler was a fab little bike, and I’ve still got my 2002 Hummer – mainly used for child towing duties these days, but still a lovely bike.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I hope they have hilarious names!

qwerty
    Free Member

If they do i hope they’re not under lacquer.

P-Jay
    Free Member

thepodge – Member

Are they going to be their own or off the shelf with a massive price hike like their last full suspension?

Which one was that?

I used to be a huge Cove fan, I guess the rate of change these days makes it hard for small makers to keep up, they are after all ‘only’ a glorified LBS.

thepodge
    Free Member

Cove Hustler 29er on CRC for RRP £1700 is exactly the same as the Hammerhead Thumper / Unveil 9 which was about RRP £1200 but could be had for £500 at one point.

It was also half a Kona Satori. There is a big thread on here from about 2 years ago if you search had enough.

chakaping
    Free Member

Making HTs is clearly the right move for them, it’ll be interesting to see what they come up with.

I did have a lot of fun on my 2006 HJ…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

So do I. The previous names were the height of silliness.

P-Jay
    Free Member

thepodge – Member

Cove Hustler 29er on CRC for RRP £1700 is exactly the same as the Hammerhead Thumper / Unveil 9 which was about RRP £1200 but could be had for £500 at one point.

It was also half a Kona Satori. There is a big thread on here from about 2 years ago if you search had enough.

Thanks, that’s a bit snide – one of the main points of Coves is that the design philosophy is different to most other brands – or at least was, everyone does the long, slack thing now – but they’re always sold them as fun / agro bikes to ride when everyone else was selling their bikes as being all about the fast.

thepodge
    Free Member

I think it was an experiment in licencing their name or something like that.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I always wanted one of the 69er’s in blue, they looked the muts nuts.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup,

I too, loved my Handjob..

Still got the frame in the cellar thinking about it..

And a full set of 26″ wheels & forks etc..

Hmm.. New build could be on the cards.. 😉

nigew
    Free Member

I’ve had 2 Hustlers, 2 Stiffee’s and a Handjob, oh err, they were all great bikes, apart form snapping 3 of them 😳
    I’ve also just serviced a Stiffee for a friend 😉
    I tested it along the street and it got me looking for another for myself, even though I don’t have room for another hardtail!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Think I may re-build this..
    I did love it.
    A lot.

oldfart

Despite having a Process and a Raijin every time I wheel the Hummer back out it leaves me with a massive grin ! ??Got the skull logo tattooed on my arm , still don’t regret it , showed it to Chaz the boss man when I was in the shop in Vancouver he loved it !

somafunk

Always wanted a cove hummer so i bought a frame just over 3 years ago and built it up, cracking bike to ride but it’s not turned a pedal in 2 years 🙁

Rigid lightweight fun

metalheart
    Free Member

I had one of those coke can tubed handjobs (’04/05?).

I never got on with it.
    A slipping pin and huge dent on the top tube (comedy 0 mph stuck in spds, fall over and slam onto stumps moment…). Just the excuse to trade it in for a Soul. Which I gelled with instantly.

And it had a stupid **** name….

Mind you the ex never twigged I’d changed it (despite the name) black frame, white lettering, starts with a C…. 😆

andysredmini
    Free Member

I would love a modern stiffee. I still have my 69’er frame that I refuse to sell although things have come on a lot since they were released. I have a chameleon now but always hoped cove would do a new alternative.

crazy-legs

Still got my 2003 Stiffee, it was a great bike. Hardly used it the last couple of years but just in the process of trying to turn it into a canal towpath commute bike.

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

IainFP
    Free Member

My Hustler is still my main bike (partly ‘cos I can’t afford a new one!) and I love it 😆
    [/url]Untitled by Iain Pringle, on Flickr[/img]

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Had a Stiffee years ago; though I recall that I really wanted a Hustler at the time but couldn’t afford it. So saying, the Stiffee was great fun; a bike that I always felt was on my side and got me out of many a scrape when my speed and line wasn’t matched by my (lack of) skills. Remember a dawn raid on Snowdon on it and it being an absolute blast on the way back down. Happy days – and I’ll look forward to seeing whatever’s coming out from them.

Somafunk – that Hummer looks superb in both guises, but especially the top one. Iain – I still think the Hustler just looks ‘right’ even now. Not surprised you’ve still got it 🙂

somafunk

Yeah it was a hoot to ride as it was silly light and a 27.5 3″ tyre fits in the front, I imagine i could squeeze a 26″ 2.8″ in the rear as well for semi-fat-fun. I’ve thought about selling as it’s not turned a pedal since late 2014 but i’d get a pittance for it so i’m gonna keep it hanging on the bedroom wall and perhaps this year (after 10years of deteriorating leg strength) the docs/nhs will figure out why i can’t stand/walk/ride anymore and fix me – got neurological appointment t’morn at the hospital so here’s hoping.

IainFP
    Free Member

Cheers Goneto…, it’s always referred to as the Cannuck Tractor (as opposed to a Halifax Tractor 😀

Is it wrong to say; I’ve always wanted a Handjob but never managed it……

fudge9202
    Free Member

Loved my handjob, have been diliberating over a Stanton or the Swift think I’ll hang fire to see what they come up with

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

TBH if they made a modern 5″ travel, long low slack, 29er Hustler from the same Easton tubeset, it’d probably go top of my list even if it were crap just out of nostalgia.

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

I went the other way, from a 19″ Soul to a 21″ HandJob. I made the move because I felt the Soul was too small for me.

As it happened, the HandJob is actually a degree slacker in the HA and degree steeper in the SA (according to mobile phone spirit level app).

The HJ is now on skinnies and mudguard duties which is a damn shame. Seeing that old pic makes me want to get the nobblies back on it.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Fingers crossed, somafunk.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I had a few too. I loved the Hummer, but once I got a 29er I never really rode it again

[url=https://flic.kr/p/4VsBC3]2008_0612_183338AA[/url] by Jim Barrow, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/dUf2rz]Cove Hummer[/url] by Jim Barrow, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/dUbatX]Cove Sanchez[/url] by Jim Barrow, on Flickr

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Still use the Stiffee to sneak out to the hills/trail-centres when on family camping trips. It always leaves me wanting more – will never part with it.

I’m needing to replace my full-sus with something more capable/more travel, and dare I say it, bigger wheels. I’ll certainly consider the new Cove range…or perhaps even find a 2016 Hustler. I still don’t trust carbon for an MTB frame, and would happily go with Easton RAD again (I’m guessing they no longer use that sadly….)

Northwind

Hopefully there’ll be a new Librarian too

petefromearth

I had one of those coke can tubed handjobs (’04/05?)

Me too, 04 I think or maybe even 03, coke can is a good description! (Apart from the material)

My first one folded in half effortlessly thanks to a car that pulled out on me.

Seriously I did not even feel it! Bike stopped dead, I stayed upright, looked down and saw the front wheel touching the down tube.

I replaced it with another, such a fun bike to ride. Incredibly flexy and nimble. My first ‘proper’ bike so fond memories.

The 2nd one got thrashed and thrashed until one day I discovered a crack 3/4 the way round the top tube in the thinnest section. 😯

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Love that Librarian !! 😆

docgeoffyjones

Added an Works angleset before Christmas and I am enjoying it even more.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Are there any images knocking around the internet, can’t seem to find any?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’m waiting for them to release a bike with a white Jones esque handlebar. Naturally, it would be called a Pearl Necklace. 😆

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Loved mine. I owned 3 over the years. Be great to see some new bikes from them. Chaz is the man!

qwerty
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Cove Bikes – about to release a new hardtail range….’ is closed to new replies.