Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Courmayeur MTBing
  • higgo
    Free Member

Anyone know if there’s much mountain-biking in Courmayeur?

I know it’s just through the tunnel from Chamonix and just up the road from Pila but was wondering what there was in Courmayeur itself.

It’s years since I’ve been there in the summer but am I right in thinking that some of the big lifts operate year-round for walkers. Can you take bikes on them?

higgo
    Free Member

nobody?

jedi

i rode through cormeyeur on the 3 countries with mbmb.com
    its like riding into a gravel pit compared to switzweland the day before 🙂

stevomcd
    Free Member

Courmayeur’s actually a fair distance from Pila, but it’s very close to La Thuile. La Thuile runs 2 chairs in the summer, which access a dozen or so sweet hand-made singletrack trails.

Some info and photos on our site.

higgo
    Free Member

Interesting that there’s stuff in La Thuile.

I’ve skied there a few times but the only time I’ve been there in summer it was like a ghost town. Admittedly it was late summer but everything was boarded up, including the hotel we were hoping to stop at. In fact we ended up driving on to Courmayeur.

This was years ago though (when the Mont Blanc tunnel was closed)

ton

i would have thought that the valeey that courmayeur was in would be too steep sided for owt but very extreme dh stuff.
    the first 5 miles out of the tunnel is all cliffs and such.
    not very nice.
    the area round aosta is nicer on the bike. imho.

jedi

the descent down col de ferret is fun though

stevomcd
    Free Member

higgo: The stuff in La Thuile mostly only appeared last summer, genuinely down to the work of one bloke with a spade! It’s great, but I wouldn’t suggest a week there. Works well for us as part of a week’s riding over a wider area.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Courmayeur MTBing’ is closed to new replies.