• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by colp.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Couriering a bike from Madrid to U.K
  • colp

Just bought a bike online from a bike shop in Madrid. They only ship within Spain so I need to get it to the UK somehow.
    The bike box is massive, 200cm x 116cm x 25cm which seems to rule out a lot of couriers.
    Cheapest quote so far is about £230
    Anyone have experience of shipping this way around?

dogbone

https://www.seur.com/en/

My 5010 came from the Spanish importer in Madrid with Seur.

spooky_b329

Shiply, and there are some other ones around too. People will give a price to pick up your item en route, might be a UK removal firm returning empty from Europe, man with van doing a fortnightly trip just for Shiply etc.

The only downside is there may be less of that going on at the moment. List the item you want, and bide your time as I think the quotes ended up dropping to about half of the initial ones they dropped in.

The only downside is you might only get a small window on some offers as they won’t want to backtrack across Spain if they’ve already driven past. But they will collect it so you just need to get the shop to package it.

zezaskar
    Free Member

Check Eurosender

colp

Thanks everyone, looking at them now

devash
    Free Member

https://www.anyvan.com/

We used this website to get quotes when we moved some stuff back from Italy. You put your parcel weight and dimensions up and couriers will give free quotes. You can look at the feedback from drivers and pick the best one. As others have said though, there might not be many drivers working because of coronavirus and the quotes might be a lot higher as a result.

Seur is the Spanish arm of DPD so they might be a good shout. We live in Madrid and use them to send stuff to and from family in the UK.

colp

Thanks for the info

I’ve looked at Seur but they have a 20kg limit and it’s an ebike. The shop are looking at putting the battery, charger etc in a separate box.

The bike shop is Bicimania, do you it?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Couriering a bike from Madrid to U.K’ is closed to new replies.