Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Courgettes
  • mountainman

As above recipes please we seem to be getting a glut ,6 plants all in poly tunnel and cropping well.
    I put them in curry,quiche,fry em in butter,steam .
    suggestions please.

jimmy

Lardons, garlic, courgetti and spaghetti.

Stoner
    Free Member

Grated
    Warm olive oil and garlic in sauté pan.

Warm through the courgette. Dont cook long or all the water falls out of it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2663/marinated-courgette-salad-

Or…slice lengthways in to long thickish strips. Marinate in a little extra virgin olive oil with some finely chopped garlic and herbs au choix. Then grill or BBQ.

Stoner
    Free Member

^ that’s really nice, but christ it takes a long time to make enough to satisfy everyone.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

^ that’s really nice, but christ it takes a long time to make enough to satisfy everyone.

Pad it out with some food. Sirloin or fillet, your choice.

Clover

Grate with a little raw onion, with mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Mix into a batter and shallow fry. Courgette fritters are great!

cheers_drive

6 plants! Jeez 1 is normally enough for us.
    I’ve only just got round to planting ours, the veg growing has gone to pot since little miss CD arrived

ART

Ratatouille

jambalaya
    Free Member

Make a flan. Quickly fry courgettes in a little butter (make sure they are a browned), mix some cream with an egg. Bought patry blind baked then add courgettes, egg mix and some goats cheese, pepper (probablt no salt as thats in the cheese), some herbs but not too much. Bake.

Clover’s receiple is good too.

If have a Chinese grater they are really good for making courhette strings/spaghetti – can be battered and fried

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Courgette lasagne

csb

Char them in a dry pan alongside halloumi.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Halve and roast when anything else is being cooked in the oven.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Cake!!
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/749703/frosted-courgette-and-lemon-cake

6 plants = massive glut.
    Baby ones are nice just fried in butter, salt and pepper.

Dont let the corgettes grow much.. Take them young!

HughStew

Courgette soup. Sweat some diced onions and garlic, add lots of chopped courgettes, sweat them for a further 10 or 15 minutes, cover with stock, simmer for a bit then blend, add some add some grated Parmesan if you want it a bit richer. Yum yum. Freezable too.

ajantom

Common problem….

Guardian Tribes – courgettes

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Gift/Inflict them on any visitors/friends

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Moussaka with courgettes instead of Aubergine.

kayak23

Griddled, touch of garlic, put into salads or pasta.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

We have a spiraliser and make the courgette spaghetti, very tasty! just lightly fry with garlic and olive oil.

If you have tomatoes too, chop the courgette, put them in a freezer bag with tomatoes and quartered onion, a few herbs such as oregano, then pop in the freezer. You can then take out the portions for roasting at a later date.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Fry a bulb of garlic, each clove thinly sliced, and a couple of chilis, again thinly sliced in plety of oil.
    Just as the slices are browning off remove them from the oil. Fry your courgettes, halved lengthways , in the oil until golden brown . Remove and sprinkle with the garlic and chili slices together with chopped mint.

Enjoy…

sirromj
    tomkerton
    Free Member

What mr whyte said – spiralize them and sub them for pasta

Stoner
    Free Member

when you spiralize, do you give them a quick flash cook or keep them raw?

mrwhyte
    Free Member

quick flash cook with some olive oil

jambalaya
    Free Member

As it happens tonight we are probably having either a courgette flan or a soufle with courgette and peppers. Photo to follow

ross980
    Free Member

This is amazing: courgette and barley layered bake (I’m 99% certain it’s the same recipe as the book we have). Couple of tips; the fresh herbs, especially the mint is essential. Use nice ripe tomatoes. I don’t bother making the stock from scratch, but use veg stock cubes, albeit made at half the concentration on the box (too salty/over powering otherwise). I sometimes swap the parmesan for other hard cheese (e.g. mature cheddar) as it’s really difficult getting veggie Italian hard cheese.
    I really want to make this now but my tomatoes aren’t out yet and the slugs seem to be waging war and winning the battle against our courgette plants… 😡

spacemonkey

We’re spiralizing more and more. Sweet potato curlies done in the oven are banging.

Turkey burgers incorporating courgetti, spring onions, mint, coriander and bound with an egg are amazeballs.

andy4d

Cheesy courgette bites.

Cut courgette into discs then pop into a dry, hot pan. Sprinkle parmasan over it and allow to melt, flip it over and repeat. Bobs yer uncle hot Cheesy courgette bites. Yum. You can a few sesame seeds too if you want.

frogstomp

Slice and roast with diced sweet potatoes, sliced red onion and seasoning. Top with parmesan. Nom!

tomkerton
    Free Member

Stoner – I quick cook in olive or coconut oil.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Courgette, red and yellow pepper cheese soufflé – Mrs B was not pleased enough with it to let me take a photo ! Tasted good if not as risen as desired, too much veg for the egg whites me-thinks from the comfort of the sofa 😉

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Courgettes’ is closed to new replies.