Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Council Tax bill arrives
  • miketually
    Free Member

Got my Council Tax bill for 2009/2001. First payment of £4.40 and then 9 of £4 🙂

Got to love having your house rebanded 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

Got my Council Tax bill for 2009/2001

It’s coz you’ve gone back in time Mike 😉

miketually
    Free Member

Oops – there was a small child threatening to fall onto the laptop as I wrote that 🙂

bikerbaboon
    Free Member

/cry

first payment of £150 and then 9 more payments for £150….. for what 3 breakins in the last 3 months no police action, bins that have to be taken to the tip if i want them emptying frequently, and any comunity projects the council pay for shut down…. why because the local social care has over spent by over 3 million……..

happy days indeed well at least i have not been made redundent…… ohhhh wait wait yes i have dam.

mudshark
    Free Member

My house jumped up a band after I bought it due to an extension the previous owners had put on; about £300 extra a year than I thought…takes it to about £2,400 a year – could buy a bike with that….

bikerbaboon
    Free Member

My house jumped up a band after I bought it due to an extension the previous owners had put on; about £300 extra a year than I thought…takes it to about £2,400 a year – could buy a bike with that….

OK thats makeing me feel a bit better.

anokdale
    Free Member

Fellas, those expenses in Westminster have to be paid for by someone dont you know.

miketually
    Free Member

Our Council Tax would be just over a grand a year, if we were paying it this year 🙂

A: 922
    B: 1076
    C: 1230
    D: 1383
    E: 1691
    F: 1999
    G: 2306
    H: 2767

The benefits of living in the town with the lowest council tax in the North East 🙂

robbo1234biking

Thats cheap anyway – mine is £130 a month for Band B and £15 a month more epensive than a mate who lives 300 metres up the road because he comes under a different town/village

miketually
    Free Member

Thats cheap anyway

Yep 🙂 I’d guess the North East is one of the cheapest regions for Council Tax, and we’re in the cheapest authority in the North East, and not in the right area for the ‘right’ schools, etc. so get cheaper houses – band B for a 3-bed semi with a big garden and a garage.

mudshark
    Free Member

Is miketually’s area’s council tax low really? Band D is the base band and it looks about average to me.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Mine is £70 a month….

miketually
    Free Member
    mudshark
    Free Member

So you’re about average then? Why is Wales so cheap…!?

coffeeking
    Free Member

£4.40?!! I live in a box flat and pay 900 a year!

miketually
    Free Member

£4.40?!! I live in a box flat and pay 900 a year!

That’s just the first monthly payment though (actually, it’s £4.44). We have to pay another £4 a month for nine months too 🙂

(As the house has been rebanded, we’ve been overpaying since we bought the house nine years ago so had just over £1k in credit…)

mudshark
    Free Member

I looked into my banding and found that the house next door which is apparently worth more than mine is in a lower band. Looking at other houses in the road it does seem that mine is right so wondered if I pointed out to the council that my neighbour is in a lower band than me in an attempt to get my house put into a lower one, maybe they’d end up in a higher one?!

BoardinBob

£195 a month.

Robbing council ****.

macmclaren
    Free Member

its a ludicrous amount of cash aint it??

On another subject ive broken my collarbone so i cant drive at the moment. Went into town with the wee man today. 1.5 miles on a bus. £2.90 return What the fu@k.

Anyhoo, im £124 a month for a 2 bedroom flat. biggish garden tho. Cant remember my band but it hasnt increased in 3 years.

It just seems so much cash.

BoardinBob

its a ludicrous amount of cash aint it??

Indeed.

The problem with Glasgow, as far as I can tell, is the fact they changed the city limits a few years ago and moved a lot of affluent areas into other local authorities thus creating a council tax region where 20% of the residents can’t/ don’t pay council tax therefore the rest of us have to subsidise it! 😡

macmclaren
    Free Member

well i live in dundee mate and i know im paying for a hell of a lot of people who refuse to pay or cant pay. And considering how much i already pay on tax in all its many forms it gets my goat up.

ah well….

retro83
    Free Member

Indeed.

What is infuriating is that I temped in council offices a few times whilst at uni, and the amount of cash wasted there was unbelievable. Endless meetings with biscuits and sandwiches supplied, vastly overstaffed departments, etc…
    I worked in a department which needed labels printed regularly. Instead of batching them up 9 at a time, or getting an individual label printer, they always printed 3 per sheet and chucked the rest away. 🙁 I asked them why didn’t they get a new printer which wouldn’t waste so many labels, they said it was too expensive … (the printers are less than £100) Just one example, but typical of how things were run there.

MD
    Free Member

That’s the poblem they aren’t run.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

3 bed semi North London.

£200.90 a month :O(

Could buy an XT cassette for that.

mrsflash
    Free Member

£127 a month in Leeds, band D. Leeds is reasonably cheap by the looks of it.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Council Tax bill arrives’ is closed to new replies.