• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Daffy.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Could this be the shortest new bike 1st ride?
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Photos from today’s first ride out on the new Travers DRITi FrankenBike

40mm tyres on a tubless set up didn’t seal this nail in and out double hole just 2.3 miles from home.
    My spare inner tube went in and I got home to fix the tyre as I didn’t want to risk the front failing and a long walk home.
    Total ride 4.6 miles

honourablegeorge

That’s about 4.59 miles longer than mine – got just past the trail head, rolled down a bank, got a stick through the wheel, smashed hander, mech, chain and a few spokes.

cloudnine
    Free Member

lovely bike 8)
    What tyres / wheels are they?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Wheels are Halo hubs and these rims
    DRITi rims
    The tyres are the Panaracer gravel 40mm tyres

flaps
    Free Member

I managed something like 0.8 miles on a new bike and then got a puncture, that was back in the day when I didn’t carry a bag, now I take everything and end up fixing the bikes of the people I go out with!

Nice looking bike that btw.

woody2000

Lovely looking bike that, ticking a good few niche boxes too 🙂

Did you like the Lauf? I had a brief ride on one and found the lack of rebound damping a bit disconcerting; it was a bit, erm, springy!

kayak23

I bought a new frame (Nukeproof mega) a few weeks back. It arrived on a Friday, I unwrapped it. Wrapped it back up and sent it back on Monday.

Do I get a cash prize?

jamesy01
    Free Member

Had the very same thing happen to me first time i went tubeless.
    Popped a tub in, completed the ride went home and re-set the wheel up with the same tyre and it seated / sealed first time.
    My theory is that it wouldn’t seal on the trail as every time the nail hit the ground it’d cause the exit hole to stretch letting out more air. All we had to do is remove the nail and it would *probably* have sealed…

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Did you like the Lauf? I had a brief ride on one and found the lack of rebound damping a bit disconcerting; it was a bit, erm, springy!

The original Trail Racer 29ers were a little springy, although I still have mine without any problems, the latter ones are better, these (30mm Grit forks) are my 4th set so yes I love them.

For wheels on the ground not too technical riding they are super light, maintenence free and perfect for absorbing trail buzz when you get too old for rigid bikes but too lazy to clean or service your forks

bikebouy
    Free Member

I like like your bike mate, giz a go..

Northwind

When I built my fatbike I rode it up to the top of the hill, turned into the first trail, forgot how wide the rear end is, mangled the rear mech on a rock. It got about 4 feet offroad then I just turned around and rolled back down the hill 😆

Daffy

Whilst it seems a nice bike, there’s no way I could put up with the design of the rear calliper post mount. On such a nice bike, that’s just bloody lazy, that is.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Could this be the shortest new bike 1st ride?’ is closed to new replies.