Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • Could McMoonter Tower's Pool Hoose be the 'Shed of the Year'?
  • davosaurusrex

He isn’t?

granny_ring

Happy cameraman seems to think he’s holding a death-ray gun.

LOL

Good luck with the vote sir. Tis very nice is that.

Kunstler

Bookmarks warm showers for when I’m too tired to bike back over the bridge.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

‘make sure you PSA when it’s going to be on the box as I have no idea whats on when these days. Will really love to see some footage of mcmoonter towers.’

Will do.

My understanding is the show has something like five categories. Eco sheds, unique sheds, home offices, workshops and Tradii (if there is a plural of Tardis). They’ll have broadcast a selection from each category one night a week or one a night for a week. A finalist will be selected from each round and be put to a public vote.

Award night is July 17, Tom the director said to keep that date free.

They did a bit of filming around the garden and the house, which may well work against me. I’m not a toff and everything planted or built we’ve done with our own hands. On the plus side they said they’d illustrate my entry with some paintings from my website which is a bonus. It was a lot of fun building the Pool Hoose, it survived a near death tree fall. http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tree-surgeons-will-i-die-if-i-try-this

The guys were very enthusiastic and Max even interviewed me from the comfort of the freshly ironed bed linen, so they were pretty relaxed and I hope they enjoyed their visit as much as I did

dirtyrider
    Free Member

if they came to see you, who is the red legged geezer taking centre stage in the pic above?

CountZero

Really looking forward to seeing that, I love programmes like that, and, having followed various mcm threads with varying degrees of admiration and outright jealousy, it’ll be fascinating to see the ‘live’ version!

That’s the guys from Channel 4 just away. They’ve been working flat out from 9 o’clock. It was fascinating seeing the production process. I keen to hear how the rain sounded on the tin roof in the final cut.

A good friend of mine did a spot on ‘Escape To The Country’ showing how to make a Lardy Cake. The team with presenter rocked up at her hotel/restaurant at around 7am, and didn’t leave until 7pm, stopping further along the road, (the Fosseway), for some sunset atmosphere shots.
    Caron, my friend, was exhausted, and she had experience doing a BBC TV series!
    The actual sequence was around five minutes long!

tymbian
    Free Member

Is it too late to enter ?

Excellent work Mc M. Good luck.

easygirl

**** me

easygirl

Really **** me sideways , I want to hear the rain on the Tim roof
    For **** sake

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m off down to Londonshire this afternoon for the award ceremony tomorrow.

They are sending a car to pick us up from home to take us to the airport, then they’re taking us to a swanky hotel for a couple of nights.

Seems a million miles away from digging the post holes the Pool Hoose was built upon. I know which I prefer more.

vinnyeh

Out of curiosity, and ignorance, do you need planning permission for stuff like the poolhoose?

I’m sure I’m not the only person who’d be tempted to plan a trip for the purpose of overnighting in it….

cynic-al
    Free Member

Pete, if you’d told me, I could have made myself available to go in your place…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I viewed it as a temporary structure, it’s not overlooked by anyone and it is a fraction of the size of the main house, so I didn’t apply to nor checked the regs.

footflaps

I’m off down to Londonshire this afternoon for the award ceremony tomorrow.

Remember, don’t look anyone in the eye and avoid speaking to strangers. If you’re lucky, you’ll make it back alive…..

ElShalimo

McM – best of luck and drink them dry
    😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Top guys.

Spot the “londoner dressing how he thinks everyone in the countryside dresses”

edit, beeten to it : http://lookatmyfackingredtrousers.blogspot.co.uk

MrSmith
    Free Member

this is how fashionista zeitgeist Londoners think rural types visiting london dress:
    http://jeansandsheux.tumblr.com

kcal

good luck!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Page 7 of the Telegraph today!

bearnecessities
    spacemonkey

Hmm, some odd and less than likeable efforts in that shortlist. McM’s is defo a contender for me as it’s more natural, made for recycled stuff and doesn’t shout “look at me”. The fact that the article states that it sits between two pools might put off public voters (if that’s who are voting) as it’ll appear to be part of a huge rambling country estate.

kayak23

Looks fantastic. I like the one made of bottles too… 🙂

beaker2135

Now I feel that I definitely don’t have enough ambition
    Good luck and enjoy London, if that’s possible

eckinspain
    Free Member

Amazing, some great sheds in there (but a lot of fairly bog standard ones too). I reckon McMoonter is in with a shout.
    I didn’t realise it was in Fife, who has a pool in Fife, never mind two? 😉

xterramac
    Free Member

That poolhouse is the shizzle, bloody love it! As for the other one, id personally want to put the French in something a bit smaller and darker 😯 (Gimp chest from pulp fiction comes to mind) So you get 1/2 a vote from me….

mcmoonter
    Free Member

“The fact that the article states that it sits between two pools might put off public voters (if that’s who are voting) as it’ll appear to be part of a huge rambling country estate. “

This will be the nail in my coffin

Drac

Oooh just seen it on the trailer for the show.

somafunk

“The fact that the article states that it sits between two pools might put off public voters (if that’s who are voting) as it’ll appear to be part of a huge rambling country estate. “

This will be the nail in my coffin

Ahh…. but it could be two pools of steaming slurry, or two pools of stagnant water or two pools of septic tank overflow……. – it’s open to interpretation so perhaps all will be well.

A mate of mine has 900 acres of Galloway hunting/shooting estate, from some viewpoints it is the most idyllic place you could ever set eyes upon, from other viewpoints it resembles a poorer version of a Steptoe & Sons scrapyard.

😀

grey

Shed of the year,first of three parts, starts on Channel 4 at 20:00hrs on Thursday the 24th of July. 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member
    eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just seen the trailer. All looks pretty good for tonight.

allthepies
    Free Member

GO MCMOONTER!

rockhopperbike

nice, very nice

edlong
    Free Member

bollocks, I’m still at work, was looking forward to this.

Harry_the_Spider

The George Clarke drinking game.

Every time he says “That’s sooo cute” you have to drink half a pint of your own piss. First to die wins.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Swoon, what a shed and what a voice. Awesome.

wwaswas

That’s not how he sounds when I read what he types 😉

twistedpencil

Looks fantastic, I could have watched an hour of just mcmoonter’s shed 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Could McMoonter Tower's Pool Hoose be the 'Shed of the Year'?’ is closed to new replies.