Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Coughing up blood
  • anagallis_arvensis

Thats quite high up on the list of things you dont want to happen after you’ve put your son to bed and the mrs is out of her xmas works do isnt it!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ermmmmm, if youre in an action film and just been shot then yes you are about to die.

If you are Rocky and just been punched in the face then you’ll make a miraculous comeback next round.

Otherwise Id be ringing 111.

oldnpastit

It’s just nature’s way of telling you that you’re spending too much time on STW…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Probably cat AIDS.

I’d get a second opinion though, if I was you.

anagallis_arvensis

111 confirmed I wasnt about to die straight away and I wasnt Rocky. Said go and see a Dr ASAP.

Poopscoop

Go to A&E and take a jacket to lay on.

It’s the Tory way.👍

benv
    Free Member

Bypass the Dr and just go straight to funeral directors.

Edukator
    Free Member

Are you ill or asthmatic?

duncancallum

Got tooth ache or gum disease?

Kryton57

If you just had a chest infection it can be normal.  But please get it checked out.

anagallis_arvensis

Have had a bad cough for sometime..3 weeks

Poopscoop

Yeah, joking aside, get to docs mate. Just in case.

Edukator
    Free Member

I assume the “just in case” being refered to is lung cancer or TB. I had asthma return after nearly 40 years without a severe attack earlier this year, they gave me a chest X-ray “just in case” but as the doc said, it’s unlikely to be TB and if it’s cancer it’s already too late. Coughing up blood when you’ve had a cough for three weeks is no more serious than what’s causing the cough which is as yet unknown. A doc seeing you in real life will check a few simple things we can’t on line, not even DrP.

Edit: if they do give you a chest X-ray dig out any old ones you have lying around even they don’t cover all the lungs, they told me that interpreting chest x-rays without old ones to compare is really hard.

Kryton57

Have had a bad cough for sometime..3 weeks

A chest infection can have a residual cough of 6-8 weeks, and the blood is most likely your sore lungs/windpipe if is there and mixed with mucus e.g. your spitting out pink stuff.  But 3 weeks with no checkup?  Get it looked at and get some help you don’t want it turning to pneumonia.

if you are coughing up bright red blood like your bleeding from the mouth get the **** to hospital now.

tpbiker
    Free Member

If you have been coughing alot then you can rupture the vessels in your lungs, leading to blood and an almighty ‘oh shit’ moment. I had it once and was convinced it was game over. Luckily it wasn’t..

Also..blood from nose can get back into lungs only to coughed back up again.

I’d check with the doc, but apparently its quite common and unless you are an over 50s smoker I wouldn’t be overly alarmed.

johnners
    Free Member

If you’ve been coughing for a few weeks it’s very possibly from wear and tear on your throat. Not ideal but usually better than it coming from further down. Best get it checked out though.

anagallis_arvensis

unless you are an over 50s smoker I wouldn’t be overly alarmed.

I’ sure someone probably said that to my father before he died of lung cancer aged 40!

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Don’t worry, TB clinics are fun places. I have form for being suspected of having contracted 18th century diseases.

anagallis_arvensis

I used to work at an ex TB isolation hospital, great riding from the door!

molgrips
    Free Member

Did you go yet?

anagallis_arvensis

Going to Dr later

anagallis_arvensis

Going to see ENT person thursday.

Poopscoop

Sure all will be will mate and glad to see you are getting yourself checked out.

Oh, get the syphilis sorted whilst you are there?😉

shermer75
    Free Member

Don’t worry, TB clinics are fun places. I have form for being suspected of having contracted 18th century diseases.

What happened?

jca

ENT?

ENT

anagallis_arvensis

Just i case any of you were 1/1000 as worried as I was. I had a camera shoved up my nostril and down my throat and bloke was quite happy that I’m not about to die. Suggested that acid reflux combined with bad cough had caused the bleeding, he “didnt see anything worrying” but I will be having an MRI once Boris has built a few of his 40 hospitals.

shermer75
    Free Member

Good to know! Thanks for the update! 🙂

Merak

Glad to hear this! Must have been alarming.

👍

leffeboy

Just i case any of you were 1/1000 as worried as I was. I had a camera shoved up my nostril and down my throat and bloke was quite happy that I’m not about to die.

hehe, I had that as well.  It’s not pleasant is it?  In my case it turned out to be pneumonia with a bad case of MTFU when I should have gone straight to a doc.  Very glad it’s good news as the worrying isn’t any fun at all

anagallis_arvensis

hehe, I had that as well. It’s not pleasant is it?

I thought it was ok really, maybe a sign of my misspent youth but my nasal passages seemed quite spacious!

slowoldman

Good news.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Coughing up blood’ is closed to new replies.