Cottage in Dumfries

Home Forum Bike Forum Cottage in Dumfries

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cottage in Dumfries
  • Premier Icon tomaso
    Subscriber

Looking at a trip over the border in March with some mates and the cottage in Dumfries I went to last time that had all you’d need as a bunch of lads with bikes is not for rent anymore. Anyone in Singltrack land got any recommendations for a good cottage. Prefer one either in town or near a pub for obvious reasons.

Premier Icon rickmeister
    Subscriber

Stayed in some great timber lodges just at the start of the Kirroughtree trails and also a great place in Kipford right by the pub…

There are also pods at Mabie as well….

how many folk….?

Premier Icon Dogsby
    Subscriber

Tomaso,

I have sent you an email ref a cottage. Let me know if you do not receive it.

Dogsby

Premier Icon Trekster
    Subscriber

http://eat-sleep-ride.com/mountain-bike-map

There is a house up at Mabie for hire, just forget the name.
    Call the Shed, details are pnned up. Shed nbr ^^^
    Mabie House Hotel is a short distance away so you could do without a car for days 😆

Albanach

My mate’s mum has a cottage in Rockcliff about 2 miles from Dalbeattie no idea if it’s near the pub but let me know if you’re interested and I can find out if it is free.

Premier Icon tomaso
    Subscriber

Rockcliffe sounds good – details would be great – cheers

Gordy

If you do end up in Rockcliffe, the Barons Craig is good for dinner. Bar open to non-res IIRC. More like six or seven miles from Dalbeattie though, not that it matters.

Lovely walk along the coast to Kippford if you’ve time as well.

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

have stayed here. nice and secluded. good spot.
    http://www.cloudcuckoolodge.co.uk/

Premier Icon rickmeister
    Subscriber

Marthrown of mabie also..

Albanach

Will let you know the details 😀

Premier Icon Trekster
    Subscriber

cowansfarmguesthouse.co.uk/

Premier Icon Garry_Lager
    Subscriber

Stayed at a couple of places in and around rockliffe – superb spot to be based. Back of Dalbeattie is 10 mins away with an immediate warm up on the Terrible Twins.
    Only drawback is no alehouse – there is one in Kippford which would be about 1-2 miles away and a nice walk (there, not back).

There’s timbertents near SAndyhills way which look nice also.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

Not sure if they are still going but we used the cottages at Barclosh Farm near Dalbeattie a couple of times – they were selling one of them off, contacted us to see if we were interested, back of the sofa was the best mortgage deal we could find at the time…..

Premier Icon Dogsby
    Subscriber

Tomaso,

I have a cottage in Kirkgunzeon that you can use with a bit of arranging. It is 10 mins from Dalbeattie (or you can cycle over) and 12 mins from Mabie. It is also under an hour from all of the other Stanes (less Glentress and Inners).

Dogsby

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cottage in Dumfries’ is closed to new replies.