Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 241 total)
  • COTSWOLDS POOTLE: 24th November; it's official.
  • rOcKeTdOg

using the NW Alps riders cake to distance scale 38k means a minimum of 2 cake stops. hope this applies to our cousins in the Cotswolds

IHN

That’s a long way for a pootle!

Multiple short-cut/bail-out/force-using/on-the-fly-route-up-making options are available. We never actually get further than 6 miles from Winchcombe.

using the NW Alps riders cake to distance scale 38k means a minimum of 2 cake stops. hope this applies to our cousins in the Cotswolds

Only 2? Are you guys on a diet?

dawson

another Peaks Pootler here hoping to make it down for this

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Macgyver

Seeing as we couldn’t make the Singletrackworld Tandem weekend, I’m hoping to get to this one. That could make it at least two tandems!

rOcKeTdOg

IHN

minimum

😉

nbt

Doubt we’ll be there, as it’s a Saturday ride 🙁

binners

Doubt we’ll be there, as it’s a Saturday ride

NBT earlier….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPo9OBrIOi4[/video]

singlespeedstu

I might me there with Mrsssstu and our tandem if we can get up early enough for the 10.30 start. 😆

nbt

The problems is more that we’d be leaving Stockport at 7 in the morning, that ain’t gonna happen unless there’s a ski trip at the end of it 🙂

If it was a Sunday ride we’d have come down Saturday, gone to see family in the area, stayed over in a hotel, been at the ride. But it ain’t, so maybe next time

IHN

You’ll be missing out on the view*:

* view not guaranteed

monksie
    Free Member

Come with me. I’m setting off on Friday (albeit only just Friday).

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Make the most of Cleeve Hill before you are banned 😆

rOcKeTdOg
    IHN

Okay laydees and gennlemen, this is your (bit less than)two-week warning.

Be ready to go at 10.30am. If you’re late, or overly faffing, I’ll give you directions to catch us up.

The route is still a bit of a moveable feast, depending on numbers and conditions. There may an element, just a hint, the merest soupcon even, of me winging it as we go…

binners

Winging it? Surely not? Looking forward to this. I’m having my jabs next week, and the visa’s been applied for. Can you pull any strings there IHN?

IHN

Don’t worry about a visa, with the right disguise they’ll let anyone in:

rOcKeTdOg

Binners is going? Will Hora be locked in your boot?

binners

He’ll be riding. A titanium, full suspension unicycle

soulstealer
    Free Member

Just found out about this via Rocketdog, sounds ace and really want to attend. Can provide sugary treats due to wife’s obsession with baking, just one question having never ridden the cotswolds is singlespeed gonna be wise or should I play safe and select the geared bike from the quiver?

mrmo
    Free Member

singlespeed gonna be wise or should I play safe and select the geared bike from the quiver?

how strong are you, single speed is possible, but imo not very sensible, the climbs aren’t that bad, but a sensible uphill gear means your undergeared the rest of the time. Oh and mud. really depends on how bad it is, it can be very sticky. soul destroying sticky.

rOcKeTdOg

wife’s obsession with baking

woop!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

As said can be very muddy depends on your root there are plenty of tracks out that way which are not to bad around the Guitings etc.Your have more fun with gears 🙄

IHN

Right, it’s this Saturday, so let’s get an idea of numbers. Who’s in?

I am
    So’s she (probably, if her ankle’s better)

binners

Northern contingent reporting for duty, sah!

rOcKeTdOg

Me +1

Onzadog
    Free Member

Me, the wife and a mate coming from the peaks pootle party. Three friends coming up from Southampton way to meet us there.

I know pook isn’t coming but has he sorted the weather?

IHN

It’s early days, but the Saturday forecast on the Beeb is:

monksie
    Free Member

Yes please, thank you.
    Is the car park easy to find? I’m following general A road signs so I doubt they’ll have a “Library Car Park” one just for me and I don’t have Sat. Nav. for the bike.

nbt

We can’t make it. Watch out for the Return of The Macc-Fest before christmas, though…

mboy
    Free Member

Bike(s) pending (how ironic, a bike mechanic who’s too busy to fix his own bikes!) I will be there…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

In. +1 – Peteimpretza

A pair of Petes for Pete’s sake! 🙄
    🙂

IHN

Monksie – don’t know which way you’ll be coming in, but assuming you’ll be coming down the High Street, you need to go up North Street (Winchcombe museum is on the corner), then 500yds or so take the first left into Back Lane. Car park and library are on the left.

monksie
    Free Member

Thank you.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Pack your wellies its muddy out there.Probably wont be has muddy as Brimsfield area was Sunday.Soon washes off. 😆

binners

It can’t possibly be as gloopy as it is oop north.

Anyway… if I’m traveling saaaarf then I demand dry trails and your legendary tropical climate. 😀

Dancake
    Free Member

I am coming – free Birthday pass!

I suggested Mrs Dancake made me a cake. Here is the genuine reply

” You can’t give forum members a cake I made; that would be utterly irrisponsible…”

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

She’s right. You’ve not seen me when I’ve had cake, have you?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That said, Mrs PP has implied that she may make us some parkin. That’s only if it won’t be wasted. Does anyone like parkin….?

IHN

Does anyone like parkin….?

Is the Pope Catholic?

Does a bear shit in the woods?

Does a duck run away from a Frenchman with an orange?

Dancake
    Free Member

I googled “Parkin” then I had to sub-google “Molasses”

sounds nice… 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 241 total)

The topic ‘COTSWOLDS POOTLE: 24th November; it's official.’ is closed to new replies.