Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • Cotswolds #Jennride 06/01/2019 – 50 miles of filth.
  • robbo1234biking

Looking forward to it. Weather is about as good as you could hope for in January I reckon.

welshfarmer

Yep. Just off out to give the gravel bike a shake down after a minor repair. Will determine whether it gets used or if i stay with the trusty HT

welshfarmer

Welsh mountain 1, gravel bike repair 0 🙂

Ah well, hardtail for me tomorrow then

dan2406

I should be ok for this now as well. Be traveling up on my own so looking forward to meeting up with you guys 👍

qwerty
    Free Member
    flat4

Should be 4 or 5 of us in a little group coming – everything from CX to fat bike, with varying degrees of colds etc. First ride out for me since the birth of my firstborn a week ago so I’ll be battling the sleep deprivation!

robbo1234biking

Car is packed and ready for the drive down in the morning. PB & J sandwiches for breakfast on the drive down.

GeForceJunky

Let’s see how long my ebike battery lasts … See you tomorrow!

monkeyboyjc

Thanks for a great ride! Made it around over half way, which is more than I thought I’d manage after Xmas!!

GeForceJunky

Cheers for the great ride. I successfully cheated my way round without running out of juice. Great fun in mud and slim on the semi-slicks! Thanks Martin for organising it.

neila

All done, fantastic ride out. Route was interesting and the weather held out. Many thanks to Martin for the organisation and Ann who proved to be an excellent riding partner after my mate Chris had to leave early. Cheers to the guys who rode with us from the top of Bear Hill to the finish.

robbo1234biking

@Neila – good to ride with you Chris and Ann for about half of it. I think I went wrong and ended up back in Nailsworth when I should have turned left at the white Audi that was sticking out. Because the route rejoined later I thought I was o the right route. Had a great day though. Will finish it next year!

neila

@Robb – we wondered where you went. We went wrong down the switchbacks then thought you went the right way and were in front of us. We tried to catch you up! Ann and myself managed the rest of the route ok with few navigation errors, a hard day out be very enjoyable. Safe driving home everyone.

pacawadd
    Free Member

Thanks for a great day out @qwerty . A bit tired now. Great riding with you @Neila, Chris and @robbo1234biking. Thanks again Neil for waiting for me to drag myself up all those hills.

robbo1234biking

Neil – I think I did come out in front of you but missed of the whole Horsley loop! I waited in Nailsworth for a bit but didn’t know how long to wait!

thomas.hood
    Free Member

Great route and company. Thanks to all involved and particularly Mark and John who navigated flawlessly* and towed me round to the great detriment of their elapsed-times.

Thomas

*I’d love a copy of the gpx as-ridden…

welshfarmer

Was a really great day out. Many thanks to Martin, his partner and everyone else involved in putting it all together. The route was spot on and I am very happy to have brought the hard tail. Got to meet some great people today too, thanks specially to Tom, for great company, you never stopped smiling (even when your wife turned up to collect you 🙂 ). Was good to ride with Niel and Anna at the end too.

Tom, I will ping you over a copy of that gpx later. I’ll pm you first to get an email address.

PS it wasn’t quite flawless though was it as it was me who led the charge the wrong way up the canal towpath within about 2 minutes of leaving the start. lol

neila

@pacawadd, not problem. It was more of a issue keeping up with you when they pointed down again! There was nothing left of the front pads when I checked, the arm pump is gradually subsiding. Great riding with you today.

welshfarmer91

Thanks for the event, really enjoyed it and all for a worthwhile cause. Thanks to everyone for a great day of riding in some lovely countryside.

fatbikeslim
    Free Member

An enjoyable smash round on the fatties from the both of us from slam69, cracking route, tonnes of singletrack i didnt even know was there!

Thanks to all who were involved in the organizing of the event

Andy and Fran @slam69

dan2406

Yes cheers guys. Thanks for organising Martin and all at the cafe. Will definitely try and venture down to those parts again.
    Thanks also to those who helped guide me round. Garmin failed a few times and lost the way at the end. Very enjoyable though 👍

qwerty
    Free Member

Cheers all, you can’t have an event without riders, so many thanks for turning up.

Currently having a beer, I’ll feedback on funds raised tomorrow sometime & you may have to give me a couple of days to collate the Strava times into a spreadsheet.

To quote Janette @ Upper Lock Cafe “what a really nice bunch” 😁

peteimpreza

Thanks to the café people for opening longer for us today.

Thanks to everyone who turned out.

Thanks to all the companies who gave the freebies.

But above all else thanks to Martin for making it all happen .

qwerty
    Free Member

I can’t remember if i’ve already said this, but its pretty important to those wanting to see their Strava time performance…

You need to ensure your Strava activity for the ride is PUBLIC!!! I’ve began following everyone on Strava, some of you may need to reply to my request to enable me access to see your Jennride Segments.

DOH!!!

Cheers 🐁

qwerty
    Free Member

Had a spot of bother posting a short write up & pics, 🤞 this works…

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsVgil5A2oN/

qwerty
    Free Member

I’ve dug deep into Strava fly by in order to collate as many riders Jennride segment times as possible:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rbTdYI-caqEUE6Sru0Y37cv1avhmvkdHHEtelePH1aY/edit?usp=sharing

If your Strava recording isn’t showing a starred segment then you receive a 1hr penalty for that segment, this keeps everyone in a fair time order.

GeForceJunky

Thanks for putting all that data together, must have taken a while!

qwerty
    Free Member

Just to satisfy transparency, i’ve paid the cash raised into my personal bank account & have split the money between the two charities, payments have been made to them, Macmillan: donation reference 34808600 & St Gemmas: WorldPay’s transaction ID: 6419142528, they received £189.40 each.

Thank you so much to everyone who attended the ride 💖

Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Cotswolds #Jennride 06/01/2019 – 50 miles of filth.’ is closed to new replies.