• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cotswolds for one day/night
  • rascal
    Free Member

Heading down that way with Mrs Rascal for a Friday stopover soon. Looking for a pretty/quaint town that’s busy enough to be interesting with nice B&B, pubs, eateries and shops. Have been to Broadway and Bourton on the Water before so keen on going somewhere new. Will be going to the falconry centre near Moreton in Marsh on the way home Sat.
    Any suggestions?

Trimix
    Free Member

Stow-on-the-Wold.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Northern edge of the Cotswolds, The George, Shipston on Stour.

kayak23

Batsford arboretum is lovely just near Moreton. Chipping Campden is very nice and you can go to my sister’s shoe shop.

Chipping Norton nice too.

stgeorge

Burford

mst
    Free Member

Northleach

Trimix
    Free Member

Actually, Chipping Campden is my recommendation. I live in that area and frequently visit / ride past all these mentioned places.

mikertroid
    Free Member

This:

Chipping Campden is my recommendation

Campden is so much nicer than Broadway/Burford/Bourton which are basically tourist towns. I grew up in the area, spent half my childhood in Ebrington & Shipston, and have lived in Chipping Norton & Broadway. Apart from Blockley and Broad Campden, avoid the places that begin with B!

IHN

Burton and Broadway are pure tourist, Burford not quite so much IMO.

Northleach is pretty enough, but no shops to speak of.

Chipping Camden is lovely.

Morton and Stow are lovely.

And, I’ll say it cos I live there, Cirencester is probably the most ‘actually lived in and worked in,v with actual proper shops yet still very attractive’ town in the Cotswolds.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cotswolds for one day/night’ is closed to new replies.