Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Cotswold Autumn #Jennride
  • tang
    Free Member

Last year Rickie Cotter and I did a cake and tea ride which was lovely, great STW turn out and some good money raised. Quite a few have been in touch regarding another outing this year.
    How does a camping option sound plus food? I have a couple of potential beautiful options, one with great facilities, one more basic but beautiful none the less. Rickie has a big full days ride in mind with peel off options. I could deploy the Cotswold massive tea/lunch van and we can do a big meal and fire for afterwards and bring and share cake. Our good friends at Saddleback and Fabric are on board, so hopefully there will be some goodies to increase the donation pot.
    Food and camping (might be able to do the camping for free) at cost, and donation to the charities would be all that’s required.

peteimpreza

Count me in Tang , unless the route is very long and in entirely the wrong direction , camping won’t be required for me .

qwerty
    Free Member

Yes. I can do the first two weekends of Oct, middle one unlikely, last two definitely not.

crewlie

Sounds good, pencil me in.

v666ern
    Free Member

bookmarked…but only if you give us more details on that hedge find from earlier in the week ❓

can you get it up and running for the day!?

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

+1 here, missed the last one with work, but will be there this time!

willard

Hell yes! Enjoyed the last one a lot, so would be happy to go again. I’d be tempted to bake something too; there was a really good selection last time and i felt a bit guilty about not contributing something.

I take it that, by camping, you mean sleeping in a van…

jeffl

Very interested. Really enjoyed myself at the one last year.

large418
    Free Member

Very interested, just not the 2nd weekend of October as that is the BearBones weekend. Bivvy night is good also

qwerty
    Free Member

Just to wet your appetites:

[/url]Misty woodland trail by martinddd, on Flickr[/img]

an autumnal Cotswold trail 🙂

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Qwerty as a fellow 5 valleys local I recognise that trail but can’t place it…

Also happy to bake, can do cheese scones?

tang
    Free Member

I’m looking at the first Saturday or Sunday in October(1st, 2nd) atm.

jeffl

Arse, can’t do that weekend as my wife is running a half marathon at 9am on 2nd. Don’t think I’ll make it back home in time for that!

Sounds awesome though and I’m sure everyone will have a great time based on the ride last year 🙂

Edit: Aha may be able to come after all as it looks like she may have put the wrong date in the calendar. Brilliant 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Can’t do Saturday’s but interested in a sunday

djflexure

Will try and come plus son

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep put me down as a definite maybe.
    It just depends on the day and the route really. 🙂
    I’d prefer a Sunday TBH

EDIT
    just re read the OP. Sunday isn’t going to work for camping after is it? Ignore me. I should be able to get a Saturday off with enough notice.

tang
    Free Member

Could work for camping before!

mikertroid
    Free Member

I won’t know whether I have the weekend off until September but would love to come if I can make it.

jkomo

I’d love that, will put in diary.

jeffl

Bit of a thread bump, does anyone know if this is going ahead as I’m still interested.

tymbian
    Free Member

I’d be interested..could possibly bring a couple more..where are you setting up camp?

Kamakazie

Tide2Tide that weekend otherwise we’d have been interested. Really enjoyed our ride when we were up there in the summer.

tymbian
    Free Member

Keep it on the front page..
    Up we go

tang
    Free Member

Sorry for delay, just waiting on Rickie and venue. Should be sorted soon!

jeffl

Great news Tang 🙂

flatfish
    Free Member

When is this pencilled in for?
    Any other details?
    Very interested.

Tiger6791

If Flatfish goes, I’ll go

He’s my idol 😯

flatfish
    Free Member

I don’t know if I want to go if my stalkers going.

qwerty
    Free Member

qwerty
    Free Member

A Cotswold slum yesterday:

[/url]Woodchester Mansion by martinddd, on Flickr[/img]

Autumns subtly taking its grasp.

😉

tang
    Free Member

Right kids, Sunday the 9th of October. Rickie Cotter will be leading a Autumnal swish through the beech woods. I’m still waiting on start/finish cake tea venue. It will be nr Nailsworth, Glos for sure. Full details hopefully by the close of play today.

qwerty
    Free Member

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Madorc enduro in Cranham that day 🙁

Tiger6791

BB200 8/9th so can’t

Enjoy & good luck

willard

Will check my diary and see what tyres I have in the back of the van. Put me down as a tentative please!

Cougar

Go on, I’ll pin this. Can someone do me a favour and report-post it when the ride’s completed so that I can remember to unsticky it again please?

qwerty
    Free Member

Some background on the days ride guide Rickie can be found here:
    http://theadventuresyndicate.com/rickie-cotter/
    and some of the crazyness they get up to:
    http://theadventuresyndicate.com/blog/2016/5/17/seven-women-518-miles-36-hours-team-time-trial-round-the-north-coast-500-by-lee-craigie

Gentle pootle with tea & cake though on the 9th!

mboy
    Free Member

Will see what I can do. Tentatively it’s the only free weekend I have in the next month or so, so would really like to come along again, really enjoyed last year’s…

qwerty
    Free Member

Its what weekends are for!!!

peteimpreza

Count me in .

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Cotswold Autumn #Jennride’ is closed to new replies.