Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Cotic's and 2×10 Qs
  • metalheart
    Free Member

I seem to have it in my head that 2×10 don’t work on Cotic hardtails (well my ‘classic’ 07 Soul at any rate).

Has anybody run SLX M675 on the old frame?

What about the new updated one?

Does it work on the Solaris?

Just mulling stuff over & weighing up options…. 🙄

chiefgrooveguru

The chainstays look different on the Mk3 compared to the Mk2 (crimping has returned) presumably to help clear 2×10 cranks .

Davesport

I’m using 2 by 10 on a Solaris. XT everywhere, Shadow plus mech on the back. Works a treat although there’s not much mud clearance between the rear tyre & the front mech. Otherwise it’s ACE.

metalheart
    Free Member

Would make sense.

IIRC Solaris takes 2x and it was Paul who convinced me that 3x was the way to go (i.e. As low as possible coz it’s clown wheels…)

ETA: oh, I’m well aware of the clearance issues…. :mrgreen: mr hacksaw is your friend….

endurogangster
    Free Member

Sram x0 2×10 works fine on my mkII bfe. Not sure of that helps?

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Currently running SRAM XX cranks on my 2013 Soul. Only one ride in the snow but so far so good
    Cheers
    Steve

metalheart
    Free Member

Nobody running SLX?

bol

Had an XX chainset on my Soda and then Solaris for years with no problems at all.

663sqd
    Free Member

I have looked into this before. . The new souls take a 2×10, the old not, due to the ‘chain line’ being different. . So on your old soul, 3×9 or 1×9. . . Some Sram will work though on 2×10 as chain line correct. . Contact cotic they will give your the science behind it. .

MoreCashThanDash

And my plan to switch to the new 2×10 Deore later in the year crashes down in flames….. 🙄

the_lecht_rocks

Fwiw, I’ll sell you cheap xx1 FTW ?

chives
    Free Member

I’m running an M780 2 x 10 XT chainset with 38 / 26 teeth on a pre-CEN Soul and it fits fine. Can’t imagine a 2 x 10 SLX would be any different.

[/url]

metalheart
    Free Member

663sqd: thanks, that’s what I thought I was remembering!

TLR: your definition of *cheap* differs from mine… unless you are talking about the same price as SLX then in that case Heelloo sailor!

663sqd
    Free Member

Chives, that’s interesting, cotic say different, but proofs in the picture!

663sqd
    Free Member

Metal, just for your info, I run a 1×9 on a cotic soda ( E13 ring) wi 9 spd xt cassette and is superb. . . One shifter and is fine for anything apart from seriously steep stuff. . . As long as legs reasonably strong it is a good combo to consider. .

metalheart
    Free Member

Chives: how many spacers do you have on the drive side?

metalheart
    Free Member

663: I need a granny ring, got too many hills round here to contemplate anything else….

663sqd
    Free Member

Fair one . .

the_lecht_rocks

Neil…. I’m coping on 32 / 36 everywhere around here with chicken legs….

chives
    Free Member

Just the one. There’s nowt other than the usual shimano spec going on there. Here’s a clearer picture;

[/url]

wukfit
    Free Member

Am I right in assuming this would also be the case for 2×9?
    I have an slx double with bash M665 and was hoping to be able to fit it to a Bfe?

chives
    Free Member

I would guess so. I spoke to Cy before settling on the chainrings I ended up with, he said maximum 38 teeth. The M665 is only 36 / 22 IIRC – so should be fine I reckon.

metalheart
    Free Member

Thanks for your input guys, it’s appreciated…. 😀

swingbing
    Free Member

2×10 on my old Soul.

swingbing
    Free Member

Double post

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Cotic's and 2×10 Qs’ is closed to new replies.