Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Cotic?
  • zokes
    Free Member

Chumba, Commencal?

soobalias
    Free Member

barry, if like me you are using firefox, get rid of the sidebar and you might see a grey border. then ctrl+scroll untill the text on the forum makes your eyes hurt and you might be able to read it.

wierd how it vanishes due to the sidebar.

sc-xc

aaahhh, cheers.

sadexpunk

ahh me too. wondered what everyone was on about 🙂

jimmy

And in IE6?

Lionheart
    Free Member

I have just driven back two hours down the motorway, thinking do I buy a new Cotic, how /when do I sell my Yeti and Santa C to do this!!! I even wondered why this had got into my mind!!! 😯

scaredypants

sorry stw, but it's slowed down my browser so much that – temporarily I hope – I've had to do something naughty 😳

GrahamS

sorry stw, but it's slowed down my browser so much

Hmmm was a 21kB image really slowing your browser that much??
    I'm surprised you can look at any websites.

atlaz
    Free Member

Oddly, yes. My PC isn't exactly crappy but while the ad is visible it noticably affects scrolling on STW. Make the window smaller and it's all good again.

GrahamS

Blimey! Doesn't seem to have any affect on mine. The Cotic bit doesn't scroll and the rest of the forum does.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Oddly, yes. My PC isn't exactly crappy but while the ad is visible it noticably affects scrolling on STW. Make the window smaller and it's all good again.

Same here- little bit annoying.

GrahamS

Are your using the right driver for your graphics card or just the default Windows one?

elliptic
    Free Member

And the same here as well (Firefox and XP).

Luckily I already own a Cotic so I don't actually need to see the ad.

metalheart
    Free Member

I think they must have heard that I'm contemplating getting one of the cheap ti456's. So sorry if its my fault… 😉

rOcKeTdOg

is the CX frame ready yet?

dustytrails

I'm Liking them too – mmmm should i get one?

james
    Free Member

"get the poor mans alternative an Orange P7 "
    The RRP is £450 this year! A Cotic Soul is £470 inc. seat collar, chainstay protector and delivery, and I think lighter? I'd say a P7 was more expensive

Also, despite reading this thread yesterday, I've only just seen the Cotic sidebars ..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

While STW towers is aware adblocking goes on i think they might take offence at posting something quite so overt.

So you repeat the link 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC! We Buy ANY COTIC!

zokes
    Free Member

While STW towers is aware adblocking goes on i think they might take offence at posting something quite so overt.

So noone's worked out yet that right click on any picture usually gives a 'copy link location' option? 🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

I only just noticed the Cotics halfway down this thread. I wondered WTFF you were all on about!

I think I want a 456. Seriously.

rOcKeTdOg

I'd have one if they were in production

GrahamS

wierd how it vanishes due to the sidebar.

Appears here whether I have a sidebar or not. Can't see why the sidebar would affect it or do you just mean that when the sidebar is open that the screen is to narrow to require any background padding?

That would depend on the size of your monitor. I'm on a wide-screen monitor at work and the actual forum'y bit is only about a third of the screen – the rest is all background.

GrahamS

Note to STW web staff:

You have two backgrounds overlayed on top of each other.

You have mainbackground.gif on body

And then you overlay
    inwrapcotic.gif on the #inwrap div.

I suspect that may be why some people are reporting weird scrolling.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

I suspect that may be why some people are reporting weird scrolling.

I know we have them on top of each other. This morning I tried it by applying it to <body> but future adverts will use transparency over the <body> background. The user I had confab with still reported the same issue.

Besides, placing one background over the top of another should have no issues at all. Just like the header is #div with a background, on top of #wrapstar, which is on top of <body>.

molgrips
    Free Member

That would depend on the size of your monitor. I'm on a wide-screen monitor at work and the actual forum'y bit is only about a third of the screen – the rest is all background.

Don't full-screen all your windows then! Nothing looks worse than a normal webpage all lonely in the middle of a window blatted all over a massive monitor surrounded by whitespace or worse, background.

GrahamS

Hmm.. oh well, I thought it might if one background is set to scroll and the one on top is fixed (like cotic).

But I don't see the issue here, so can't really try it out. 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Don't full-screen all your windows then!

Oh, so now our use of the browser is dictated by Cotic? Brilliant…

GrahamS

Don't full-screen all your windows then!

Some of the sites on other tabs benefit from being full width, including our intranet site. I can't really be bother resizing my browser window every time I change tab.

Stoner
    Free Member

my post about the element causing the scrolling problem has been pulled.

very grown up.

What if someone stopped coming here because of the scrolling issue caused by one ad? What do you say to the other ad buyers? If inwrapcotic.gif is causing the problem, why should Mr CRC lose page views?

BlobOnAStick

LOL!

Reminds me of the IT crowd 'Cuke' references.

AndyP
    Free Member

We Buy ANY COTIC!
    ?

GrahamS

dot com

(very annoying jingle for "We Buy Any Car ..dot com")

Stoner
    Free Member

WTF is Cuke?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I can't decide whether that jingle has some sort of genius in its simplicity.

AndyP
    Free Member

ah. I use adblocker.

Northwind

Monkey-boy "get the poor mans alternative an Orange P7"

Ah. Satire. Poor men usually buy something cheaper and less good, not something more expensive yet still better value 😉

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Cotic?’ is closed to new replies.