Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cotic Soul – worth getting the newer tapered steerer version?
  • rossrobot
    Free Member

About to buy a new Soul to replace a much older version that has finally given in and cracked on the chainstay.

Question is, do I buy the ‘Classic’ Soul and not have to bother with different seatpost and headset adjuster, or go for the most up to date one? Are tapered steerers going to be all the rage in a few years time.

Cy sent some advice over email which said there wasn’t much in it framewise, but the newer one is more future proof.

Thanks.

faz083
    Free Member

So the email says it’s more futureproof, yet you’re asking us if tapered steerers are going to be big. Surely that answers the question? Why make all the changes if they aren’t going to be big?

I’d say go for it, though the seatpost is a little annoying.

nedrapier

If you want options, but don’t want to spend too much now, you could always shim the seatpost, and get a reducer headset?

chiefgrooveguru

I’d get the new one – more choice when you need new forks so it should work out cheaper in the longterm. More choice in dropper posts too (which are particularly great around here where it’s constant up and down as opposed to long climbs and long descents).

Cheezpleez

I’d get the classic ‘cos it looks nicerer 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Soul – worth getting the newer tapered steerer version?’ is closed to new replies.