• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by jimmy.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cotic Soul Mk5 owners – what fork travel ?
  • jimmy

I’ve managed to bag a pretty immaculate mk5 Soul. It has the xFusion Sweep which I believe can run as either 120 (“optimised”) or 140mm. My MK4 has 130mm and as much as I’d like to say 10 doesn’t make any difference, it really is the goldilocks travel and perfectly balanced. For “reasons” I’m looking at a 130mm fork for the mk5 but curious to know what others are running and what feels best.

highlandman
    Free Member

Probably only of limited assistance but my Mrs has a late (last) small mk5 and loves it as a light trail bike with 120mm Revelations.

StuF

140 sweeps on mine, I ran it 120 for a while, but it seems to suit things when the trail points down hill so 140 was the best choice for me, and didn’t loose much up hill, not too wondery.

Probably depends where you ride, 120 is fine for local woods and trails but if you ride peaks/lakes then you might want more

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    eddd
    Free Member

I have 120mm on mine and I like the handling. But the front end is pretty low so I’m tempted to try a 140mm air shaft to see what happens.

It does feel like it’s a relatively low stack height with a 120mm fork.

lawman91

I ran a 120mm Revelation on mine and would have gone longer, but it was already a stretch for me (I’m 6ft and had a large with a 31mm stem) and the seat angle was slacker than I’d have liked too, so as much as I wanted to up it to 130mm to get the front end higher, I didn’t want to make the effective top tube any longer or the seat tube any slacker. I’d stick with 120mm as it seems the best compromise.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Well done on grabbing that. Amazing bike.

Mine’s on 140mm Pikes. The slacker seatangle suits me, and its probably the best climbing MTB I’ve owned. I find the slightly higher BB more of a noticeable issue than the SA when riding bikepark type trails, but its not a biggy and has a trade off with ease of pedalling through the rocks.

5’10” on a medium, riding Peaks/Lakes btw…

jimmy

Thanks, all makes sense based on MK4 experience and sounding similar. Watching the Cotic vid on adjusting Sweep travel, they mention that 10mm travel adjust spacers are available so I’m going to try and get some and go 130mm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.