Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cotic Soul built for race duties
  • huw
    Free Member

I’m considering a Cotic Soul for racing duties (mainly longer distances). Does anyone have one built up for this? Thinking 120 forks (that’s what I have available), light wheels, etc. Would be interested to know how it rides, weight, etc.

Rode a 26″ Soul years ago and remember how much fun it was to ride. Been riding/racing on carbon and alu frames since, and wondering if 853 would be an option. Thanks.

iainc

I have one of the last 26 ones, with a 120 Reba, reverb and xt kit on it. It weighs a little more than my 2017 Anthem 1, so around 27 pounds.

I don’t race but I do notice that on general xc type terrain, the Anthem is faster in pretty much all situations. Where the Soul comes into it’s own, for me, is tight slow techy stuff in the forest, and longer bike packing or adventuring type riding (and winter gloop)

whitestone
    Free Member

My wife’s got one of the last of the 26″ Souls. A fairly standard build, i.e. nothing super light but nothing silly heavy probably similar kit to Iainc’s, it’s 12.5Kg. The weight is very similar to what my Solaris weighed when I had X-Fusion forks on it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    huw
    Free Member

That’s pretty much the setup I’d have, but with 120 SIDs (I also have an Anthem funnily enough). What wheels are on yours? That’s a pretty hefty weight gain to take for me unfortunately, current setup is around 23 lbs, with a dropper! I know it’s how it rides etc and doubtless it’ll be fun to ride, but for racing duties, may not be an option.

iainc

I have Mavic 719’s, tubleless with Spesh Purgatories, so you could lighten that a chunk. Also running XT 2×10, so again, a new 1X11 would shed some grams. Time pedals, Easton carbon bars, Thomson stem, ISM saddle.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Soul built for race duties’ is closed to new replies.