Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cotic Soul + Angleset headset = ???
  • bigdan6
    Free Member

Anyone done it? What was good or bad about it?

bigdan6
    Free Member

Anyone?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Pretty sure folks will have done it with a bfe, which is the same geometry, but can take a longer fork. In 9 years of riding my soul, I’ve never thought the front end needed changing, though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matther01
    Free Member

Not sure why you would want to? Great with current angle with 120mm forks for all round riding.

souldrummer
    Free Member

I put a 1 degree Works Component one on my Soul and it made it a lot more fun downhill. I have U-turn Revs on it which I run at about 115/120. It took a while to re-adjust the bike set-up afterwards. I needed to move the saddle forward to put more weight over the fork and I think I rolled the bars forward as well. All this was needed for tight cornering otherwise it felt a bit odd.

The other thing was that it took a while to fit but I left that to my LBS mechanic!!

Northwind

Always been tempted to try, it brought my Hemlock alive… But then I felt like it might just take the Soul a wee bit away from that perfect balance it has.

bigdan6
    Free Member

Soul drummer- thanks, that’s what I was after.

In summary I love the head angle and feel at 140mm fork, but don’t like the higher bottom bracket which you get with a longer fork. Therefore I thought by using an angleset headset I could get both of these things

souldrummer
    Free Member

Tbh I was struggling to get my Soul to be the bike I wanted it to be which is why I tried the Angleset. It was a better bike afterwards but I am still struggling to get it to come alive as everyone on here seems to suggest it should. I enjoyed it when I first got it many years ago so the problem now might be the fork and not the bike, but these days I ride my Dialled Alpine much more. Yes it’s much heavier and yes it’s overkill for the North Downs but it suits me better, is a lot of fun and, for me, much more confidence giving. Having said that though I think I will get the Soul out again this winter.

Re the bottom bracket height, I think it lowered it a small amount but I think I lengthened the forks a tiny amount to put things back where they were in regard to bar height. As I said, it took a while but was worth it.

bigdan6
    Free Member

Isn’t the Soull slacker than the dialled Alpine?

catvet
    Free Member

Cotic Soul 69.4 HA 72.4SA, Dialled bikes PA 70 HA 73 SA both sagged

steeper HA but has better SA if going to put a longer fork on it.

Alpine angles are better than both IMHO

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Why the PA angles?

catvet
    Free Member

cos its more in keeping with a Soul than an Alpine. problem?

souldrummer
    Free Member

The Alpine is slacker in the head angle and steeper in the seat angle than the Soul for any given fork length from what I can tell from the respective websites.

From personal experience the Alpine is definitely slacker. Mine was nicknamed ‘the longest bike in the world’ by my riding mates due to its slack angles and long wheelbase with a 150mm fork.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Soul + Angleset headset = ???’ is closed to new replies.