Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cotic Soul, Alfine, Centerlock adpator and hope brake –Arghhh!
  • nixie

Make for a very tight fit. I’m presuming its not normal for the a soul to only have 1 – 1.5mm clearance between the rotor and frame (183mm hope m4). Looks to me like the dtswiss centre lock adaptor is slightly on the thick side pushing the rotor too far. Very annoying as it means the rotor rivets (floating rotor) rub on the brake mount adaptor. No riding for me this weekend then.

Any suggestions to fixes would be appreciated.

BillOddie

dremel.

tinsy
    Free Member

Floating rotor rivets do that, if the rotor itself got clearance to the frame its fine, as sugested you might have to get creative with a file to get the noggins to clear the mount adaptor… (file the adaptor not the noggins)

clubber
    Free Member

My suggestion would be to use a smaller (160mm) rotor which usually improves clearance – I’m 16 stone and don’t find that I really need a 180 at the back.

nixie

Yeah had considered both modifying the mount adaptor and using a smaller rotor. Need to go and size things up at the LBS on Saturday and work it out.

Alb
    Free Member

Shimano adaptor might make for a better fit? SMRTAD10

hugorune

I had the same problem on my dialled Prince Albert. I just swapped down to a 160 disc and everything was fine.

nixie

Damn, wish I’d seen that adaptor before, so so much cheaper than the dtswiss one!!!

glenh
    Free Member

Just file the adaptor. I had to take the edge of mine to avoid a fouling issue with a hope floating rotor.

nixie

Filed and it now fits fine.

Damn singlespeed chain doesn’t though!! Oh well.

billyboy
    Free Member

Old brake mount facing tool and grind it down a bit

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Soul, Alfine, Centerlock adpator and hope brake –Arghhh!’ is closed to new replies.