Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • cotic solarismax – what colour – help me decide
  • MadBillMcMad

I am bout to push the button on a new Cotic SolarisMax but can not decide the colour.

For me it is between Supernova Orange & Hubble Purple.

Please post some lovely pictures for me to drool over to help me decide.

Hopefully this is not a double post as I can not see the one I just attempted to create

Burchy1
    Free Member

Hubble purple… End of thread 😉

weeksy

DO you have a list/screenshot of all the choices ?

coconut
    Free Member

Purple.. but both look great.

scotabroad

I have the supernova orange and have to say its a cracking deep colour – like a metallic almost bronze colour – dont have picture to hand but can recommend it.

scotabroad

solaris

MadBillMcMad

easiest place to see the colours are here – https://www.cotic.co.uk/product/solarisMAX#gallery

weeksy

I like the shiny green.

mccraque

I’m gutted I went for black in the last iteration… I wish I had pulled the trigger on Hubble Purple.

However – there is a guy local to me that has the orange. It is more like a bronze or a burnt orange in the flesh. It’s beautiful.

b33k34

They are all lovely but, since they no longer make the soul and the Solarismax is the mainstay of the range it should really be orange. In the same way that all Ferraris should be yellow.

MadBillMcMad

OP here:

Must admit I agree with you @b33k34 – I am drawn to the Orange for similar reasons. I also used to have a rather lovely fluorescent Orange orange with matching rims. Perhaps I have an orange thing going on.

v7fmp

it would be midnight blue for me! Although the green looks nice…. the purple is pretty tasty to!

maybe the green…. nah, the purple.

The orange sounds good if its a burnt orange.

Purple, defo get the purple.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d get the orange colour.

Purple is very nice, but the orange is a bit nicer.

scotabroad

well that didnt work

simono5

The orange is lovely, I’d go with that.

And then spend time before delivery, flopping between Green and Purple. Both amazing.

But think I’d play it safe and stick Orange.

I ordered the BFE Max and change from Yellow to Gun Metal before it arrived. Glad I did and Cotic were happy for me to change.

simono5
    a11y

Hubble Purple without a doubt.

E-mail newsletter from Cotic at the weekend had pics of the gen4 FlareMAX in purple, it’s lovely: https://www.flickr.com/photos/coticltd/

If any of my bikes had paint rather than raw finish I’d sooooo want it to be that colour.

temudgin

That orange colour is rather good!

Not sure about the head badge these days, much prefer the Si-cotic grin of old.

scotabroad

ta

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Hubble Purple with Froggatt Green as a second choice.

kayak23

Play it safe with orange.
    Go all out with purple.

Who wants to play it safe?

MadBillMcMad

Colours are wierd. Scotabroad. That almost looks more like copper to me and nothing like the color on the cotic website.

Based on that photo I lean more towards the purple.

kelvin

All the colours look different in different light, because of the sparkle in them. They all look great in the metal… you can’t go wrong. If you want them ranked from subtle to loud…

Midnight > Froggatt > Supernova > Hubble

metalheart
    Free Member

There is no choice: Froggatt Green.

Mine has been on order since August.

MadBillMcMad

I’m beginning to think my preferred color is based on the time of day.

First thing this morning (sunrise) I had definitely decided on orange. Sunset and I’ve gone to purple.

I’ll check later tonight and see if I’ve gone to midnight blue.

Green isn’t getting a look in.

I’m thinking purple is the way to go.

metalheart
    Free Member

SolarisMAX

Purple shots are here…

rstephenson
    Free Member

I’ve got one in orange, it’s lovely. Though it would be a harder choice now with the new additions. The purple certainly catches the eye…

swanny853

I have the blue one- get the purple. It’s the one I wanted! The blue is nice but the purple is lovely.

MadBillMcMad

Purple it will be.

Ordered.

jeffl

I’ve been virtually shopping for a Solaris max and I thought I’d want the purple, but oddly enough really like the new green. Orange is also good.

Clearly the answer is to buy three frames, one of each colour.

More sensible answer is they all look great.

kayak23

Purple shots are here…

That is stunning but, wtaf is that blue fork?

kelvin

SiD Ultimate 120mm – black ones are coming soon as well, but only blue ones are already in stock, so ended up in the photos. It’s a “brave” look, but I hope some go for it, rather than getting boring black forks. 🤞🏼

tenburner

Blue looks nie too (just an excuse to show my bike off) the purple looks class and the purple and green frames have integrated seatclamps which look really clean.

joebristol

Would be purple all the way based on the photos in that Cotic link.

kelvin

Blue looks nie too (just an excuse to show my bike off) the purple looks class and the purple and green frames have integrated seatclamps which look really clean.

A quick heads up here… all four colours will have the integrated seatclamp when they arrive. Some of the photos on the product page are of the previous batch, before the running change. There are just two smalls left from that batch, that use a seat clamp collar. If you order any other size you’ll get the integrated clamp. If you want a small with an integrated clamp when they arrive, rather than take an instock small frame, drop Cotic an email.

crossed

Whichever colour you go for it’s worth getting an invisiframe kit for it.

Unless Cotic have drastically improved the quality of the finish then the paint will scratch and scuff at the slightest touch. I may just have been unlucky but I’ve heard similar comments from other Cotic riders too.

the_kenburg

I’ve got an orange one and my mate is waiting on a green one from the inbound batch. I love the orange (and have got replacement metallic orange fork decals en route from Cane Creek for added bike tartiness) and I think the green looks super classy.

Picking one is a nice problem to have!

metalheart
    Free Member

Oooft, that green is gorgeous!

Well happy.

joepud
    Free Member

A quick heads up here… all four colours will have the integrated seatclamp when they arrive.

Out of interest why did you make the switch to an integrated seat clamp?

MadBillMcMad

I keep checking the porch.

No little note from the postman yet telling me there is a box in my bbq.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘cotic solarismax – what colour – help me decide’ is closed to new replies.