Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • Cotic Solaris Max feedback and pics please
  • Premier Icon metalheart
    Subscriber

@fathomer try a size down/45mm stem (and long dropper)?
    😁

Premier Icon fathomer
    Subscriber

@metalheart I had thought about that, it’d still be 40mm ish more reach than the Soul.

Premier Icon kelvin
    Subscriber

Is there any problem on the SolarisMAX/SodaMAX with the 2.6 trail boss?

As far as I know they’re fine.

reeksy

Anyone else noticed a possible frame redesign on the seat tube / seat stay / tob tube junction?
    Check the bridge on the purple and red frames!

Premier Icon tomtomr
    Subscriber

That’s the arrangement on the size small

Premier Icon notmyrealname
    Subscriber

Anyone else noticed a possible frame redesign on the seat tube / seat stay / tob tube junction?

That’s different to my large purple Solaris. Is that just on the small frame?

reeksy

Aha that explains it 🙂

Premier Icon cy
    Subscriber

Yup, no room for a wishbone on the small.

@fathomer The SolarisMAX will feel wildly different to your Soul if it’s pre-Longshot. The new SolarisMAX sort of doesn’t understand it’s a hardtail, so you’ll definitely be able to get into rowdier terrain with more confidence. Get a demo and you’ll see what I mean.

Premier Icon fathomer
    Subscriber

@cy my Soul is pre-Longshot and know it’ll feel very different. I just don’t want it to feel to similar to my Longshot FlareMAX (which is bloody awesome). If/when I decide to replace the Soul I’ll definitely get a demo booked, I’ve been on a couple before 🙂

Premier Icon cy
    Subscriber

@fathomer If you have a FlareMAX, the SolarisMAX will feel familiar then. I can’t deny that! Maybe a look at the current Gen5 Soul might be the thing?

Premier Icon metalheart
    Subscriber

coconut

Can anyone compare the Solaris against the Sonder Signal Ti ? I have narrowed it down to one of these two. I will be running 2.25inch tyres on long XC days in Scotland, and then 2.4inch for general trail riding.

oreetmon

Just for info really,

Raleigh EGO carbon bars can be had for £60 if you look around, same specs as the Cotic Ali bars. Bit more back sweep than normal but I have found this alleviates any wrist ache I used to get on big mile rides.

I tried 2 different spec/sweep etc bars I had in spares box on my Solarismax and they didn’t really work with the reach of my large frame 5’11”, with normalish (beer gut) body proportion

The EGO bars are Bob on 👍

I’m 6ft., looking st buying a large. Given the length of the seat post, how small is too small for a dropper? Also, how is the “fun-factor” on the Solaris Max?

Premier Icon metalheart
    Subscriber

I’m 6 ft and ran a 150mm x-fusion dropper post. Could probably have squeezed in a 170mm if I tried….

Premier Icon swanny853
    Subscriber

I’m a touch under 5’10” and i should be able to get a 210mm one up post on a large, so I can’t you see you having a problem.

(Given the impossibility of buying a medium I wanted to see if I could squeak onto a large- answer, not really, although possibly if they steepened the seat angle).

Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.