Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cotic sizing
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Im 6’2″ and currently ride a medium Cotic BFe. At the time I bought it I was riding quite a bit of downhill and dirt jumps with a bit of xc.

I seem to mainly ride xc now, with the odd jump sesh and downhilling in the alps over summer. I’m considering buying a large one as it will be comfier for xc riding, but how do they handle for jumps/dh? Too big or still ok?

tang
    Free Member

I would go large if longer days out is the plan.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I’d go large for XC stuff. I used to have a medium at 5’11, did feel small but great for razzing around.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The medium used to feel ok, but I’ve been riding my road bike alot recently and went out on the cotic on sunday and it felt a little bit on the small side after 30 miles and lots of climbing.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Any other opinions on this huge dilema?

Speshpaul

Options, a large soul.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Dont want a soul, as I’ll probably be riding downhill in france again this year so would like something thats suited to that purpose.

chiefgrooveguru

Long stem and long layback seatpost for XC and then swap back for fun stuff?

metalheart
    Free Member

I’m >< under 6′ and think my medium cotics are pretty much at their limit with layback pin (but admittedly no 70mm stem) with mid width bars (awaiting new Havens…).
    As per above maybe a temporary longer stem? and how wide are your bars? All helps.

Northwind

Buy large Soul, keep medium BFe?

D0NK

I’m also 6’2″, I looked at the soul but the large seems about the same size as my 18″ ragley which is great for messing about on but a bit short for xc-ey stuff.
    I went for a 20″ 456….which after a 5min ride seems a bit long…ho hum early days yet tho.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Buy large Soul, keep medium BFe?

I’d barely ride the BFe if I did that so not really an option. I think I might just go for it and order a Large one, see what its like.

jonnyv
    Free Member

i’m 6 2 got a large one (ahem).perfect

Bludgeon
    Free Member

I’m 6 3 and also got a large Soul with a shortish – 60mm – stem

I had a long chat with Cy before I bought. He is of similar dimensions as I am and he rides a large.

I also arranged with my LBS to demo one. Took it to Glentress and felt immediately at home one it.

toys19
    Free Member

Given your usual level of gnnarr I can’t believe you are even asking this. I should think you wouldn’t have problems getting masses of radness on a large. Would the size really bother you? Aren’t you on record as getting massive air on a postmans bike?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I put the postmans bike into retirement and I need something for mincing about on xc rides with, hence the question.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cotic sizing’ is closed to new replies.