Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cotic roadrats
  • aw
    Free Member

some questions on roadrats…

Are they as good as they appear?
    How much do they weigh (for example the £585 fully built version)?
    Where can I get a test ride in the south?
    What is the gear ratio?
    Have they got a flip flop hub or are they just single speed?

Thanks in advance…

16stonepig
    Free Member

You’ll hear a lot of people here say that they’re just overpriced hybrids, but I love mine.
    Couldn’t tell you about the complete bike specs, but try Brixton Cycles for a test ride. That’s where I got mine.

aw
    Free Member

thanks (i hesitate to use your tag name as it does not sound that flattering)…

They look cool to me 🙂

Any comments about their performance?

lister-hooded
    Free Member

I like mine….

aw
    Free Member

where you guys ride them? I mean o you ride them in hilly areas or relatively flat roads?

aw
    Free Member

picked up this great vid of the RR…

null

aw
    Free Member

try again…
    cotic roard rat video

aw
    Free Member

once more…

RoadRat

tang
    Free Member

i live in hill country, so running gears. its not that light, but i need a robust commuter that can take guards and a rack, mash about on and generally give me options on my 10 mile each way commute(1 in 4 hill, cycle track, lanes and town) plus rebuild it as a ss for trips to london. it does all that.

aw
    Free Member

It does a 1 in 4 hill! or should I say you do… 😯

Clink

Use mine for commuting with rack. Not light but solid and comfy. 1×9, rack, guards (winter only) and discs. Also used ss for ‘light’ off road in the past. Would buy again.

tang
    Free Member

yes when im feeling good and brave i can clean it. i do run a road triple, 12-27 on the back and barends and need it!!

aw
    Free Member

is it pretty sweet as a SS? I would run it as a SS BTW

Clink

I’ve run mine ss and fixed. Works well.

localhero94
    Free Member

I run mine as an ss as well – great bike.

DWH
    Free Member

I run mine with a triple chainset, drops, fat tyres and disks. It’s a bit slow on the road, but it’s a hoot off-road.

The beauty of the RR is that you can build it up as anything from a hybrid commuter to a ‘cross bike. It doesn’t make the fastest road bike or the gnarliest off-roader, but it ain’t too shabby. If you absolutely could only have one frame then it wouldn’t be the worst choice in the world.

‘Versatile’ sums it up.

johnners
    Free Member
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cotic roadrats’ is closed to new replies.