Cotic "Pocket Rocket" Just a rumour?

Home Forum Bike Forum Cotic "Pocket Rocket" Just a rumour?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cotic "Pocket Rocket" Just a rumour?
  • ChunkyMTB

Shorter travel and 650b?

Premier Icon dukeduvet
    Subscriber

read here for info

Premier Icon BadlyWiredDog
    Subscriber

I’d drop a line to Cy at Cotic if you’re genuinely interested. He’s a nice chap and generally pretty happy to talk about what’s happening with stuff like that. I vaguely remember him mentioning the latest state of play with the shorter-travel Rocket variant either here or in one of his mail-outs a few months back, but I may just be imagining that.

Edit: there you go up there…

robbonzo

I believe it was scheduled for a summer release (whenever that happens). Pocket rocket would be a great name for it. 😛

Premier Icon cy
    Subscriber

We are doing a shorter travel droplink frame, 26″ wheel, very closely related to the Rocket.

[MASSIVE CAVEAT ALERT]

HOPEFULLY here in August if the final bits of the puzzle fall into place. Not done any more promo on it because the prototypes don’t look much like how the production frames will so we’ve got nothing to photograph or shout about in definitive terms for another few weeks.

We generally announce this kind of thing first on our mailing list if you want to sign up to that.

Premier Icon PolisherMan
    Subscriber

Doing the usual new frame research, really keen on the Rocket. Now heard rumours about a shorter travel bike in the pipeline?

Anyone with inside information………….?

daftvader

Would be very very interested in this. … goes to sign up to the news letter again!

matther01

I got dibs on the name ‘pocket rocket’! 😀

_tom_

Also very interested in this, will the wheelbase/chainstay etc be a bit shorter to encourage more fun rather than the “planted” feel my old BFe had? Not having a dig or anything just interested as I don’t like a really stable ride! And never tried a rocket but guessing they all ride fairly similarly?

I_Ache

Cy did you decide to go with the 125mm or the 100mm rear end? I could see this as a real ripper of a bike, I would be torn between this and my BFe.

Premier Icon colournoise
    Subscriber

matther01 – Member
    I got dibs on the name ‘pocket rocket’!

Pretty sure I already suggested it in the original thread on here about the potential variant. Sorry. 😉

EDIT Great minds – http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-cotic-1/page/2

vdubber67

Proto version was knocking about at Exposure, with the lovely Cotic AQR team.

v666ern

Cy, any news on your next demo day and when the next batch of rockets are in?

Premier Icon cy
    Subscriber

It’s going to be 125mm travel for 120-140mm forks after that was the overwhelming preference from our mailing list subscribers when we asked them.

Next demo will be in September when we’ve got holidays out of the way and time to build the new bikes.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cotic "Pocket Rocket" Just a rumour?’ is closed to new replies.