Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Cotic Frames…. are they prepared before being sent?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

Looking at Cotic frames, do they need reaming, chasing and facing before building them up? I’ve had some frames that do and some frames that don’t….

Cheers

Ricks

18bikes

They’re not, we find that a tap/face/ream is usually required (it’s one we do as standard anyhow)

If it’s a worry for you – maybe order through us 😉

Si

chiefgrooveguru

Confusingly, I was told they are!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gearfreak
    Free Member

They’re not, order from your LBS and they will probably do it for you.

mooose
    Free Member

I kust built mine straight up – no problems 16 months and a few k miles later on

vorlich
    Free Member

Mine was

rickon
    Free Member

Well, this seems pretty straight forward 😕

Anyone else?

chiefgrooveguru

Just call/email them!

shortcut

I believe they are prepared when they are sent to customers by Cotic. They are not prepared when sent to dealers.

prezet
    Free Member

I kust built mine straight up – no problems 16 months and a few k miles later on

This. No problems with mine either.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

shortcut – Member

I believe they are prepared when they are sent to customers by Cotic. They are not prepared when sent to dealers.

I’ve had two frames sent to me (customer) unprepared. No big deal for me anyway.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Cotic dont prepare them, the bike shops that sell them do (or at least some do)

So order from a bike shop (like 18bikes) if you want it prepared (does it even matter though?)

rickon
    Free Member

My concern is that I had a Kinesis frame arrive with dodgy BB threads – didn’t chase them first and ended up with a cross threaded BB that I had to chase, producing a load of swarf… ergh.

So…. Cotic frames, are they gonna cause the same issue?

chiefgrooveguru

From an email about a year ago just before I bought my Soul:

“If you buy direct from us the headtube and BB shell are reamed and faced in with the price as is delivery, just let me know when you’re ready to order.”

mattjg
    Free Member

my Soul direct from Cotic, last October, was fully prepared and assembled perfectly.

wwaswas

Given the range of responses above it might be best asking Cotic themselves?

I_Ache
    Free Member

I got mine less than 2 weeks ago direct from Cotic and they phoned to say they were facing and chasing it and sure enough when it arrived they had.

jruk
    Free Member

Built my Soul up fine (bought direct).

rickon
    Free Member

Ordered from 18Bikes now – cheers Si, may have chatted to you on the phone about shims and clamps and other nonsense. Nice chaps 🙂

mattsccm
    Free Member

My X wasn’t. It came through a dealer. The BB was clean etc but all the little threads such as mudguard mounts were not.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Ah Mr Rickon, it was me you chatted to. Should have it all for you on Thursday.

Good choice

rickon
    Free Member

Sweet.

Cheers Matt, after having three bikes nicked in 10 months I’ve decided to pack away the only bike left and build up something a little fun 🙂 Looking forward to the build

Rockape
    Free Member

Bought my Frame direct from cotic. Built it up no problems.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Frames…. are they prepared before being sent?’ is closed to new replies.