Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cotic Flaremax vs Sonder Cortex
  • mildred

Anyone tried both of these? I’m looking forward to trying both of these but would love some comparisons. Would be lookin go at the CC Helm fork & DBIL shock on both.

Also, any suggestions for similar bikes? Must be 29” wheels, and no more expensive than £3k

wzzzz
    Free Member

Consider a Marin?

Rift Zone Carbon 1 retail RRP is £3200 you should be able to get one for budget.

Or the alloy framed Rift Zone or Alpine Trail

See article on the front page:

2020 Marin Rift Zone Carbon 2 first look

chakaping
    Free Member

Seen some Orange Stage 5s going for around £3k, would be a worthy rival to those if you like how Oranges ride.

That Marin looks promising but 425mm chainstays with a good long reach is a bit of an odd geometry, I’ve owned similar but now prefer a longer rear for stability – and going faster.

mildred

Not seen Stage 5 that cheap, will have a look again.

ravingdave

Had this dilemma a few months ago. Rode lots, looked at loads more. Settled on trek fuel ex8 which this year is 2800 with a great spec amd drivetrain choice (shim or sram)

orangepaul
    Free Member

Sunset cycles have some good deal on the stage 5.

davros

This looks a bargain to me. Must… resist…

Trance advanced

There is a detailed review and videos by Will on this site. Sure looks great for the money

PolisherMan

I had the same dilemma, ended up with the Giant Trance 1 (top end ally version). That link above is the billy bargain of the year! Love mine, best bike (for me) EVER!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Flaremax vs Sonder Cortex’ is closed to new replies.