• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by cy.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cotic demo loop, Calver
  • jeffl

The new Flare Max had me thinking about scratching the Cotic itch. I’ll look at booking into one of their demo days when they start running them again. I’m only 30 minutes drive away so will go to one at Cotic HQ in Calver.

I was interested in their demo loop, but I can’t find a map or GPX of the loop. I assume it’s over Eyam and maybe some of the quarries. I’d be grateful if anyone has a GPX or details of the route they could share.

martinhutch

When I did it a while back it was a short loop to the north of Stoney climbing to Town End then descending through Riley Wood, right at the the road and another byway back to Stoney, pretty obvious on the map.

jeffl

Thanks Martin

reluctantjumper

This is my demo ride on the Rocket if that helps. It was a very snowy day when I went so they may use a bigger loop in better weather.

Rocket Demo – Calver

richard678

You can extend the loop over the other side of stoney, by going up Coombes dale. Round the quarry at the top, all good stuff. Even see Tom cruise filming the latest mission impossible if you do it this weekend..

rossburton
    Free Member

I’ve the GPX somewhere on my laptop, but if you mail Cotic they can send it to you.

StuF

reluctant jumpers route is the same one I’ve used on demo days. The only tricky navigation is not to turn right too early in the woods after the big uphill – otherwise you end up going down a footpath with gates

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Nice couple of little descents in there, yes.

A chance to pop up past Coombes Wood to the Black Harry Trail would be finish it off nicely 🙂

docrobster
    Free Member

Yeah that is the standard cotic demo loop. I’ve done 2 cotic demos and ridden that loop both times. It’s quite short but the 2 downhill sections are fun. You can also ride up from eyam and do the eyam triple-
    https://strava.app.link/McKNiwcVcgb

jeffl

Thanks all. Will have a pootle over there on Sunday.

cy

Hope you enjoy it. On the first (short loop), go steady at the bottom of the first descent as it opens out straight onto a (very quiet) road. On the second descent back to stony, there can often be people or 4x4s coming up at the weekend, and it’s pretty hectic and difficult to stop on the steeper section in the woods if you’re trucking along. The Coombes Dale loop is just a nice pedal with some big views.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cotic demo loop, Calver’ is closed to new replies.