Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cotic demo at Haldon
  • superstu
    Free Member

Demo was excellently organised, great communication and on the day Sam was friendly, funny and very helpful.

Took out the new Soul and the Solaris on chubby wheels.

Loved both. Was expecting the Solaris just to be a bit of fun but not that great – as it was it was brilliant. Soul was great on singletrack and “felt” quicker but the Solaris just bombed along.

Anyway, just wanted to say how good I thought Cotic were both in terms of the quality of their bikes and dealing with them – I’m a convert.

skybluestu
    Free Member

Was lucky enough to ride with Sam all Saturday as a private demo with a couple of mates. Rode Haldon official and unofficial then over to cafeside for a bit.

Rocket, Rocket Max and Flare Max tested between us.

Sam was great as were all the bikes. Can’t recommend them enough. My lovely old 26inch Rocket is going to be upgraded soon as a result.

Without really pushing it all segments I usually ride were near to or beaten on comparison when on the test Rocket. Oh and the Cane Creek Helm forks are well good!

coomber
    Free Member

Was there too. And Sam was ace.

The helm forks are so stiff! Loved them

Just wish I had fitness to enjoy the soul more. Wanted me to pop everything and my legs were like concrete. Great bike. Nice and long now, it felt just right.

First time with hope brakes too. Could turn out to be an expensive day. They were great.

medoramas
    Free Member

I was there very early and just when I finished my riding session the Cotic tent was up and ready. I stopped quickly just to have a look on the bikes and have a quick chat with the guy – very friendly fella! Lovely bikes. I shouldn’t have stopped there really – I used to think I’m pretty happy with my current bike…

mccraque

Is it the new Solaris Max that you tried? (not on the website yet)

and how was the new Flare Max? Am seriously considering swinging a leg over one…but that could be very costly…

dexa

I rode the Flare Max and the Solaris. Really enjoyed the Flare, instantly felt at one with the bike. Sam did a great job in looking after everyone. Good to see Haldon so busy on a dull weekend.

roverpig

Is that the new Flare Max then? Presumably it must be as there wouldn’t be much point offering demo rides on a bike that has pretty much sold out. I’d also be interested to hear the thoughts of anybody who rode this. It looks insanely long and slack for a short travel 29er. Especially one that you’d want to ride uphill as well as down. But, obviously, there is more to a bike than its numbers. Maybe it climbs and hops about like a gazelle 🙂

Lionheart
    Free Member

Sounds great! As a serial Cotic owner I wish I’d been there..

coomber
    Free Member

It was the current solaris max, i.e. the one they have sold out of on their website that I rode. Felt like a BMX. In a good way.

cy

Glad you guys enjoyed it. Sam said it was really busy, which is great. Thanks for coming along.

mariner
    Free Member

Demo was excellently organised, great communication……..

Really, must have missed all the publicity?

coomber
    Free Member

Facebook and the Cotic mailing list mariner?

weeksy

I need a Solaris in my life…. Tapered, non-boost…. Do they exist ?

NormalMan

Keep looking for a mk1 or mk2 on the second hand market I guess.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Facebook and the Cotic mailing list mariner?

I’m not on facebook but I am on the Cotic mailing list and I don’t remember seeing anything about a Haldon demo.

Might have just missed it which is a shame as Haldon is local to me and would have been a good chance to compare the new soul with my mk3.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cotic demo at Haldon’ is closed to new replies.