Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Cotic… damn you and your newest contraption!
  • househusband

Over the years I’ve had a Soul, which was replaced under warranty with one of the very first BFe’s, which I then sold to get a full-sus I never got on with, and I now have a new Soul which I love.

And now you tempt me with the bloody X, in particular the Weekday at £1000. I had a road bike which I never found comfortable, but the X may well tick some boxes…

I’m 40 tomorrow and may well just be able to convince myself that I have space in the garage for just one more bike…

Anyone else in the same torment?!

jobbyheid
    Free Member

Err no, not tempted, just looks like road bike to me..

but happy birthday for tomorrow you old todger.

rob2
    Free Member

I feel your pain. I can’t afford it and don’t need it.

So I’ll probably get one 😀

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Happy Birthday!

Just buy the **** bike man! You’ll only regret the things you didn’t do.

MoreCashThanDash

Having to seel my winter bike to fund a cheap hack tow path commuter, which leaves a nice “X” sized gap in the stable in the unlikely event that I have the money.

Life begins at 40, btw – it’s just the knees and the back that start to wear out………..

1981miked
    Free Member

MMMMM rather tasty.

Im in the market for a road/cyclo cross bike to compliment my Soul,
    two Cotics in the bright Orange though!!! Too much?

Any ideas of weights? I think id have to have the Sunday build tho..like Rob said.

I don’t need one,
    I probably won’t use it enough,
    so perfect reason to purchase one..

DAMN YOU COTIC!

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Love the idea of the X.

I’m very interested in seeing how clean the lines are without the canti mounts in. So someone hurry up and build a disk brake version.

rOcKeTdOg

i like the slightly sloping MTB/CX crossoverness of it, and i loved the one Cy had at the bike show last year, i’d have one

MrSmith
    Free Member

And now you tempt me with the bloody X, in particular the Weekday at £1000. I had a road bike which I never found comfortable, but the X may well tick some boxes…

then your road bike was not fitted properly to you.
    a cyclocross bike will not necessarily be any more comfortable just because it says ‘cotic’ on the downtube.

swisstony
    Free Member

I love the idea of it, it would look good inbetween my BFe and my new road bike but i don’t know when i’d ride it

Russell96

I’m suffering at the moment too, was just about resisting the X in orange but I’ve seen a pic of one in black.

ourmaninthenorth

The black looks meh tbh. Orange is the way forward. I’d like one, but can’t justify it (though CX is about the only type of bike I don’t have).

Does my daughter actually need clothes and shoes?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Whaty i gf, r the emenrgencgy servcghnnre serventy sefcervenedes rout and your dangeerouwsouyg h 4ridfifnde, :

ylour shouldddnmm’t aloow tthe r ermenrendgedse to sort oiut a thefgrop,mmernts Iytt’ s wrtryuuuty og tyluy

jimmy

appy birfday cocker

x

jimmy

oooh thats a nice bike by the way…

coastkid
    Free Member

theres room for another 2 easy in that cave of yours…cx and fat 😮
    have a great Birthday old timer :wink:….

GW
    Free Member

Happy Birthday y’auld bugger !! 😀

Now that you only have 2 bikes and finally seem genuinely happy with both you def do need a bike you don’t use/like again… if only to fill the hooks the marin/OCR/titus/BMX/P7/PA etc. hung from 😉

cy

[Father Ted mode] GO-WAAAARN GO-WAAAARN GO-WAAAARN GO-WAAAARN GO-WAAAARN GO-WAAAARN GO-WAAAARN GO-WAAAARN GO-WAAAARN [Father Ted mode cancel]

You can NEVER have too many bright orange bikes in your life. I think only my Hemlock isn’t. Oh, my Roadrat’s not orange either. All my other bikes are though 😉

More seriously, if you’ve not got on with full on road bikes before, ‘cross bikes (and not just the >X<) are worth a look. I hated proper road bikes so much I designed the RoadRat for goodness sake! Anyhow, the 58cm >X< is a good 20-25mm shorter in the top tube than most road bikes I’ve tried which are supposedly the right size for me, and I hated the road bikes but find the >X< really nice for road riding. The shorter position really helps MTBer’s used to upright front ends get on with the drop bars. First time in years I’ve done some road riding over the last couple of weeks, and it’s mainly because the bike feels right.

Discs-wise, we have some ex-demo Tektro Lyra’s on the shelf at the workshop which I’m going to bob on mine and see how they work. I’ll snap a couple of pics tomorrow and probably tweet them on @CoticLtd.

househusband

Any chance of a birthday ‘discount’ then, Cy? 😉

Speshpaul

Its my birthday too and my wifes!

cy

Popped those Lyras on my >X< Sunday today. They work really nicely, with lovely leaver feel. Apologies for the cameraphone-tastic shots:

X Sunday Disc
    Dinky rear rotor

Max 140mm rear disc. Had to rob my old Hope 140 rotor from my RoadRat to check it all out as those brakes are demo fleet and normally run 160mm rotors. We’ll be getting 140mm proper rear rotors for the bikes, and Tektro have a 140mm front option too which I think I might try. Upgrade price will be £75.

rOcKeTdOg

Very nice Cy, should fit my avid road discs nicely

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

your lucky it’s your birthday! all i have is a cough.
    cough* buy it! cough*

coastkid
    Free Member

i too have been looking at some sort of road/cx/touring/big wheel thingy with drops…but with discs…maybe this is it?…im 40 next year if your up for a pre 40 discount 😉 :mrgreen:

gamo
    Free Member

Andy running a few weeks ago now this!!!
    Midlife crisis me thinks 🙂

IainAhh
    Free Member

Silly question …

But what brake levers / shifters work with drop bars and disc brakes?

And what are the plus points of disc brakes on a road / cross / commuter bike?

Ta

rOcKeTdOg

if you have road specific disc calipers any sti type road levers will work with them

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Cotic… damn you and your newest contraption!’ is closed to new replies.