Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cotic BFe / USE Sumo post
  • prezet
    Free Member

Hi – I read here somewhere that Cy from Cotic recommended the USE Sumo posts with the BFe to soften it up a little over longer rides. Does anyone know if he was referring to the suspension or rigid posts?

mtbfix

I guess it would refer to the carbon post and it’s damping qualities. However as a Sumo owner I’d not particularly recommend it as the clamp has to be done up mega tight to stop the saddle slipping in rotation on the clamp and then it becomes a pita to adjust as the clamp faces get stuck on the post. Thomson Elite is your friend IMO.

prezet
    Free Member

Cheers – currently running an Elite, lovely post, but was wondering how stiff it was compared to the likes of USE.

Maybe I’ll look towards a more comfy saddle instead.

mtbfix

If you have a 31.6 post in there you could fit a 27.2 and a shim. Slimmer post will offer a bit more flex.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Thomson is massively stiffer but… Easton carbon fibre seatposts are even nicer. had all of them, stupidly kept Thomson on the 456SS, big mistake!

Vortexracing

It was a USE ally one he was talking about. or at least it was in my conversation with him

Garry_Lager

Had same experience with mtbfix with the sumo – hopeless product for me. Seat slips all the time. Only bought one for the BeFe because I saw Cy had endorsed them like you say. He should take that bollox off the cotic website really.

BadlyWiredDog

if it’s any help to anyone out there, I found dismantling the clamp on a Sumo and sticking some of the Pace carbon assembly grease on the moving surfaces stopped it slipping. It didn’t stop the head from rotating in the top of the post though…

dazh

If you have a 31.6 post in there you could fit a 27.2 and a shim. Slimmer post will offer a bit more flex.

Exactly what I did. After suffering for months with a Thompson Elite ramming me up the arse every time I hit a bump, I switched to a 27.2 Easton carbon post with a shim and it felt like I had an inch or two of suspension in comparison. Well recommended!

takisawa2

I used the Sumo on a Pace 303 some years ago. Made it a bit better. I tried a cheap 27.2 carbon post, in a shim. It flexed a hell of a lot.

rolkin
    Free Member

i bought a new sumo seat post very recently, the seat clamping area has a textured coating. i guessed this is to remedy the slipping issue, and as yet it’s not moved.

prezet
    Free Member

If budget can stretch think I may give one of the Easton carbon posts a try. Not overly keen on shimming a smaller seat post in.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cotic BFe / USE Sumo post’ is closed to new replies.