Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cotic bfe or NS surge ???
  • stusphoto
    Free Member

Bfe + better steel lighter if that’s your thing.

NS surge + lower bb slacker longer TT.

Anyone had them. Had old bfe but did not love it that much just off a chameleon ebb type.

Any input ????.

Cheers

kudos100
    Free Member

Ridden both and I prefer the surge. But I would say that as I own one 😉

cdoc
    Free Member

Ridden both and I prefer the Bfe. But I would say that as I own one 😉

Edit* Tbh, I loved the Surge just as much as the Bfe and would have happily had either.

shredder
    Free Member

Ridden neither but prefer the Slackline. But I would say that as this is STW 😉

stusphoto
    Free Member

Cheers all green bfe looks good but I think surge is a tad longer in the 16″ only got 29″ leg so 18″ bfe is out as sat on friends and its a bit tight. Mmm will have to think.

Stanton mmm price??

kelvin

The new new BFe has longer reach and slacker head angle, if that’s what you’re after…

http://www.cotic.co.uk/product/BFe275#sizing

stusphoto
    Free Member

Nar still 26 as it ant dead or so they say

matther01
    Free Member

I’m on a slackline 16.5 with 29″ legs and 5’7″. 50mm stem and 740mm bars. Feels great albeit tempted to go shorter stem and wider bars. Running 170mm cranks too

colournoise

5’6″ with 30″ legs. Got a 14.5″ XS BFe and it’s a good fit for playful all round riding.

Having said that, (a) they don’t do the XS any more and (b) someone will be along shortly to tell me off for riding a big wheeled BMX and why don’t I get a bike that fits properly.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Surge will be more fun, heavier and cheaper, oh and if it’s last years the seat post is the smaller 27.whatever mm less modern size.

BFE more XC friendly, lighter, steeper, dropper post compatible. I have a Gritstone BFE, it looks luverly but feels very short and is no where near as much fun or as compliant as the Blue Pig it replaced using the same components and frame size, very disappointing given it cost more! will probably end up selling it.

Damn they have a slacker one now FFS

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Had both. Would prefer the surge for a dh day, would prefer the bfe for riding around on. Great bikes.

Think the surge was my most fun favourite.

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Hi stusphoto. I’m selling my ns core 1 frame (full build equivalent of the surge). It’s the 2009 frame, dark blue in medium (smallest one they did), SRAM x7 front mech. If you are interested I will thoroughly check the frame but off the top of my head there are just a couple of cable rub marks. I can also supply pictures. I can do the frame for £165 posted. Also have some Marzocchi 55R 140 mm forks which came with the frame. Can do them for £55. So the lot for £220 posted.

jambalaya
    Free Member

BFe owner, 2012 model. Like the bike very much and use it for most of my riding.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cotic bfe or NS surge ???’ is closed to new replies.